Technical Packaging Manager - Healthcare & Pharma
The Technical Packaging Manager will be responsible for providing packaging technology expertise, knowledge, advice, and leadership to ensure European sites meet both its supply and commercial objectives. You will support the Packaging Technologists at each site/factory with your expertise whilst being based at our London head office. Working across consumer/OTC ranges to include : skincare, oral care, nutrition & wellness brands.
Key responsibilities are to manage all European packaging aspects including:
- Complete end to end supply chain, including re-packing.
- Resolving quality issues, including reducing customer complaints,
- Ensuring supply continuity and managing risk,
- Providing Packaging expertise and knowledge to production sites to drive improvements via materials, equipment and processes and back into R&D to ensure optimal NPD developments and launches,
- Leading and delivering projects in areas of problem resolution, technical transfer, risk management and cost saving,
- Pro-actively ensuring packaging, procedures and documentation are compliant with European and local law, regulatory requirements, codes of practice and internal standards etc,
- Leveraging innovation from Suppliers, Academia, Innovators etc in furthering the Regional Packaging aims,
- Supporting commercial functions to resolve packaging issues,
- Being the subject matter expert on specific assigned packaging matters for Consumer Healthcare brands in Europe.
- Ensuring European packaging knowledge and expertise on material science, processes and manufacturing skills and competencies are transferred within the business units.
- Experience of working in country/regional/site packaging function in one or more companies operating in Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Personal care or food based industries, ideally a multinational FMCG company.
- Clear understanding of pharmaceutical/consumer healthcare product development processes, requirements and GMP.
- Wide mix of materials and manufacturing and processing technologies.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain requirements from concept through to manufacture, distribution, store, consumer and end of life.
- Experience of best practice application to packaging ways of working.
- Experience of leading cutting edge cost saving projects.
- Experience of innovation and/or innovative ways of working.
- Experience of leading and managing a high level of multiple projects.
- Management of change.
- Lean manufacturing, six sigma and DOE techniques.
- Experience of manufacturing excellence techniques, process improvement, quality management systems, validation and problem solving methodologies.
- Knowledge of European packaging legal and regulatory landscape.
- Working with global IT specification systems. Writing high quality specifications, BOM’s, trial requirements, test protocols etc.
- Good understanding of packaging sustainability within Europe.
- Creating and building business cases for packaging change.
- Stakeholder management across a matrix organization.
- Working in a multi branded environment.
- Working with multiple factory sites and local marketing teams.
- Must be eligible to work in Europe.
- European travel is required for this role (approx one week per month)
- Degree in a relevant technical subject (Packaging Technology, Material Science, Pharmaceutical Technology, Engineering) or comparable technical experience.
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation eg: Institute of Packaging.
Salary up to £45k + benefits package (bonus, pension, private medical) = £55k annual package. Salary negotiable for the right candidate. Relocation assistance if required
More searches like this
- Labels Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)
- Rigid plastics Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)
- Closures Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)
- Packaging materials Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)