As Packaging Designer, you will be responsible for taking briefs and developing packaging concepts (primarily carton board) in order to facilitate customer development samples and presentations. Creating packaging solutions fit for purpose from supplier conversion, packing and supply chain.
Responsible for accepting briefs from Development Team / customers. Conversion of briefs into blank 3 dimensional CAD samples for customer reviews / approval. Timely response to stakeholder briefs. Right 1st time performance of packaging during production and distribution.
Skills & experience required :
- Thorough understanding of mechanical properties and requirements in designing fit for purpose packaging solutions.
- Ideally 1 + years experience in similar role ideally within Print industry / Design environment, designing 3d packaging concepts in carton board.
- General knowledge of print processes.
- Illustrator / CAD experience.
- Conversant Microsoft Office Software.
- Team Player also able to work on their own initiative with an eye for detail.
- Focused on right first time, quality and accuracy.
- Open, honest and trustworthy.
- Excellent administrator and communication skills.
- Keen problem solving skills.