Based within an award winning marketing & design studio in central London creating innovative, fun packaging for the food & confectionery markets ! As a Packaging Developer, you will develop and approve packaging from concept to launch , work with external suppliers and internal production units to ensure all packaging is fit for purpose and delivered to timelines driven by the business.
Responsibilities include :
- New packaging development & continuous improvement from concept to launch
- Creating specifications for purchasing to allow for supplier allocation.
- Creating packaging disciplines for Far East packed lines with photos attached for both packer allocation and costing and for production
- Briefing suppliers on new packaging component development
- Ensuring packaging component development hits critical dates outlined by the Product Developer
- Collating components and products required to complete the transit test procedure.
- Attend pre – season meetings with customer to ensure customer specific requirements are met and added to new product introduction (NPI) forms on new lines for each season
- Ensuring the transit approval hits critical dates outlined by the Product Developer
- Adding the packing specification and pallet ref to the NPI form
- Check and issue all brochure code npi forms and then create templates and save down in the template file
- Attend the appropriate launch meetings and 1st production runs
- Attending Work studies where applicable to ensure the business unit managers are correctly briefed on how the product and packaging is put together and e- mail the signed off work study document to the relevant people to continue with any costing issues
- Attend any pre – production trials where necessary for packaging and costing approval
- Create the Pallet specification for each line, ensuring we are working with an efficient solution at all times – and to highlight if an efficient palletisation cannot be achieved.
- Approving delivered components prior to production
- Enter Product dimensions , weight and pallet ti hi info into the product info sheets
- Ensure a digital audit trail is maintained on all packaging approvals – component & transit
- To ‘hold’ production until we have both approved components & transit tests
- The approval of Packaging components in the business
- To escalate to your line manager and supplier issues in terms of service.
Qualifications required :
- HND or graduate from a relevant Packaging or Design course
- An understanding of various packaging materials and their attributes
- A general knowledge of print processes
- Ability to work and think in 3 Dimensions
- Some CAD CAM experience would be great but not essential
- To work both as a team player and to work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work on a number of projects at a time and to prioritize workload – good time management is essential