Packaging Technologist - Skincare & Cosmetics
Working as part of a dynamic, young technical team to ensure the best possible packaging components are developed for leading beauty ranges. Manage the sourcing, development, production, testing and delivery of packaging components on time and at the quality expected. To work with current and new suppliers to maintain and improve quality standards and minimise costs.
PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT – NEW PRODUCTS
Be responsible for scoping, developing and delivering packaging solutions for new product developments that are predominantly based on existing componentry or known technologies. Provide advice and technical support to the Design and Brand teams during the evolution of packaging design. Test all components by utilising test facilities at component suppliers, contract fillers and internally to ensure all packaging is fit for purpose. Run print trials and line trials ,ensure all packaging is robust and repeatable. Specify all components and finished packs by writing thorough component specifications and packing specifications for issue to third party fillers / component suppliers.
PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT – PRODUCT MAINTENANCE
Be practically responsible for delivering packaging solutions in response to continuity of supply, quality and legislative issues associated with the existing range of products.
Contribute to a continuous improvement mentality and an operational excellence ethic, display ownership of actions. Contributing to the continual review and improvement of internal processes. Challenge existing ways of working and propose more efficient methods
- Ideally a Degree in packaging/technical/design related discipline or 2 + years experience in a personal care/ fmcg packaging technical role
- Candidates without a packaging degree should possess or be working towards an IOM3 Certificate or Diploma in Packaging Qualification
- Self-starter, ability to work on own as well as part of a team as required
- Analytical and numerate
- Customer / results driven and high cultural awareness
- Dynamic, creative, positive, forward looking
- Extensive co-ordination within the Quality, Formulation, Brand Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Fulfillment and, Project Management teams during product development and product reengineering.
- Broad business knowledge is required to enable lateral thinking and product linkage.
Apply for Packaging Technologist - Skincare & Cosmetics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly