Packaging Innovation Manager (location flexible : Yorkshire or south Midlands)
Exciting, newly created Packaging Innovations Manager role reporting to the NPD Controller.
- Build relationships with all internal functions and with both current and new packaging suppliers.
- Be of a proactive nature to allow the assessment of current packaging formats and their efficiency within our production facilities and identify cost saving opportunities wherever possible.
- Be at the forefront of new packaging technology and work with the operations and NPD teams to drive innovation packaging solutions for all our chilled/fresh/ready meal ranges.
- Work with planning and supply chain to identify and deliver efficiencies through packaging rationalisation and pallet optimisation.
- Work to deliver key specific strategic packaging projects with our customer and be a key customer facing role.
Reporting directly to the NPD Controller with close working relationships with the Commercial, Group Purchasing, Site Purchasing, Engineering, Technical, and Production departments, suppliers and key customer contacts.
Attend external forums, regularly work with the supply base and look for inspiration to be on the forefront of new packaging innovation and technologies to ensure we are at the forefront of first to market concepts with a view to presenting these to our customer. Work on key long term strategic technical packaging development initiatives as set by our customer. Work with purchasing, operations and NPD to deliver cost saving initiatives and efficiencies. Work with the supply chain, commercial and planning functions to drive efficiencies into the supply chain.
Attend 1st print/production runs of key packaging for new items as and when required. Have a knowledge of our factory capabilities in order to scope out packaging projects. Ensure that packaging is functional and fit for purpose.Knowledge of legislation pertaining to packaging and advise the business accordingly of implications. Develop commercial awareness for initial concept costs for all new packaging materials and machinery if required and work within the Purchasing/Engineering team to ensure that negotiation opportunities are maximised. To actively seek solutions that meet environmental requirements. To create and build strong relationships with customers and suppliers.
Skills & experience required :
Experience within Packaging and Food Manufacturing essential. Have an existing network of packaging suppliers relevant to food /food retail product areas.
Be organised, a team player, able to handle multiple tasks, highly self-motivated. Clean full driving license for travel between sites and to customers
More jobs like this
- Research and development Design and branding jobs in South Yorkshire
- Research and development Retail jobs in South Yorkshire
- Research and development Food jobs in South Yorkshire
- Research and development FMCG jobs in South Yorkshire
- Research and development Packaging materials jobs in South Yorkshire