Job ref: CST/36086
Salary: £85000 + package
A leading packaging group with a blue chip customer base.
The Site Director has P & L responsibility in conjunction with the Sales Director, and is responsible for the implementation and execution of both the operating agenda and wider strategic initiatives necessary to take the business to the next level. With the authority to make decisions required to deliver targeted earnings, this role is directly responsible for leading the business day to day to achieve optimum performance, ensuring that all financial, commercial, operational, and safety goals are achieved across the site to deliver the overall EBITDA performance.
With strong operational skills and profit focus, this role will challenge business systems and procedures, whilst empowering personnel to ensure the business exceeds client expectations in both manufacturing and customer service standards to improve market share and margin. This role will act as the key driver of the continuous improvement strategy within the business and use best practice and business intelligence to ensure organisational excellence is maintained to drive improved EBITDA performance, whilst maintaining the company’s strong identity in FMCG.
Through strong interpersonal skills and a customer-facing approach the post holder will play an active role in promoting change within the Company, developing relationships with colleagues, suppliers and international / group subsidiaries. The Site Director is responsible for providing day to day leadership and is accountable for the motivation and development of all employees, leading them in the delivery of the BU growth plans.
Strategic Input and Business Improvement-
- Full P & L responsibility, targeted to ensure the BU achieves its required profitability target showing y.o.y improvement, including cash and stock management
- Ensure all values, and especially the maxim of ‘customer centric’ and service standards are maintained and improved to optimise our market positions
- Lead the preparation of all budgets, flash forecasts and KPI’s for the business unit
- Recommend capital expenditure to maximise growth and profitability of the business
- Implement a Sales & Operational planning model to assess pipeline and capacity requirements to develop operational and manning requirements
- Optimise value through intercompany trading to maximise margin returns on all work
- In conjunction with the finance / credit control team and external sales, improve debtor management to reduce exposure and minimise risk of bad debt
- Work with the group purchasing function to optimise all purchases, ensuring we leverage our consolidated scale and position in the supply chain
Team Leader / Direct Reports-
- Management and responsibility for all Departments and employees with the exception of internal / external sales and other identified Group functions
- Ensure the internal and external sales teams meet their commercial objectives to maximise revenues in carriage, aged debt, originations, etc. and minimise obsolete and slow moving material (finished goods and raw materials)
- Ensure colleagues have the appropriate training and environment to enable long term business objectives
- Champion cross functional communications across the BU, ensuring all employees are aware of key business information and understand their role in delivering our committed targets and their personal KPI’s
- Support UKFC HR policies and procedure in the fair management of all staff and issues
- Ensure compliance with, and the continuous improvement of Health & Safety policies and procedures in the BU, ensuring alignment to group policy
- Drive continuous improvement activities across the BU to deliver year on year improvements in productivity, reduction in waste and improving quality systems
- Consistently deliver annual objectives and ensure the delivery of all associated objectives for your direct reports to support business growth
- Provide strong leadership to all staff, motivating and communicating strategic direction. Set targets and objectives for all Departments and direct reports
- Ensure all staff have robust personal development plans to maximise their potential.
Standards of Performance-
- EBITDA £ (000’s) / EBITDA %
- Free Cash Flow £
- Working Capital as % of Sales, Raw Material & WIP inventory
- Net Production throughput
- % OEE / Net Machine Efficiency
- Man Hours Per Mc / Labour Cost Per Mc
- % Overtime / £ Overtime
- % Reduction of Accidents both in Frequency & Severity – LTI % / Total Injury Accidents
- % people achieving personal development plans / % Absence / Attrition
- % Waste, including the number of complaints / % complaints / Credits issued £000
- % On-time in Full (OTIF)
- People Capability & Development
- Employee Engagement (Denison Survey)
Person specification - Who you need to be:
- Inspirational manufacturing leader with operational experience of printed packaging
- Change agent who can engage, motivate and inspire an experienced workforce to drive continuous improvement initiatives across the site
- Has the authority to drive safety, quality & EBITDA, limited only by corporate oversight and control processes such as capital expenditure approval
- Defines how the business is run in conjunction with the Group and line management
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times.
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
- Commercially aware
- Leads by example, but effective delegator
- Travel may be required therefore current, clean driving licence an advantage
Qualifications and Experience (examples)
- Seasoned P & L executive with sound leadership competency
- Experienced operations executive with volume manufacturing experience, FMCG or packaging industry preferred
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in lean/TPS environment and able to use and deploy TPS tools
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044(0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
During 2016 and 2017 visit us at the following exhibitions: Saudiplas, Plastteknik Sweden, PDM UK, Fachpack Germany, Kunststoffen Netherlands, K Germany, Interpack Germany