Films Technical Specialist
Technical Specialist -Films
Based in North West
Job ref: EG/38272
The company is an innovative, world-leading, high performance materials group. It has manufacturing plants and research facilities in the UK, and sales and distribution centers serving more than 30 countries worldwide. A company with cutting-edge polymeric solutions and high performance thermoplastic with a unique combination of properties which provide exceptional performance in the most demanding environments, giving exceptional chemical, wear, electrical and temperature resistance, as well as dimensional stability and numerous processing capabilities. The business have streamlined production facilities, application development expertise and unmatched technical support. The key markets are electronics, oil and gas, industrial, aerospace, automotive, semiconductor and medical.
As part of its continual drive for improvement, the company is looking for an outstanding technical professional to join their performance films team. The polymer film’s balance of properties makes it the highest performing, most versatile thermoplastic film available on the market.
The individual will provide technological expertise for the Polymer Processing assets to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the assets and processes, driving improvements in Quality, CoM, Production and Capacity.
- Lead manufacturing technical activity to ensure plant capability limits and operation limits are defined and sufficient to allow all products to be produced to specification at required demand levels.
- Lead & control Technical activities to reduce product variability whilst increasing plant capability to achieve agreed acceptable standards in efficiency, quality, cost, throughput and yield.
- Develop the knowledge of the product cause and effect relationships to drive to a monitor and control over produce and test strategy.
- Identify and manage projects using process improvement principles such as six Ϭ and DMAIC framework to ensure consistency, structure and secure adoption of improvements into the BAU process.
- Provide the effective interface between R&D/Industrialisation and Manufacturing / Quality for new products, forms and investigations (VOC).
- Create, lead and supervise plant experimental programmes – whether initiated in-house or by the R&D function.
- Manage the technological aspects of the change process for internal and externally lead improvement into BAU.
- Authorise dispensations for polymer processing products
Experience and skills required:
- Significant Industrial experience of delivering technical solutions in a film environment, solving quality, capability and cost of manufacture opportunities
- Experience of successfully managing manufacturing Technical projects
- In depth working understanding of relevant regulatory compliance requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- A significant Technical knowledge of Polymer film processing and web handling
- A sound Technical knowledge of polymers and compounds and their manufacture
- Working knowledge of intellectual property
- Working knowledge of ERP systems such as AX
- A Sound working knowledge of Polymer processing activities
- Provides the key interface between R&D and Manufacturing to embed new products and forms into BAU
- Degree or equivalent in relevant Chemistry/Material Science or relevant scientific discipline
To apply please contact Ellie George
0044(0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017: Arabplast, JEC World, European Coatings Show, Plastteknik, Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma