Head of Sales
3 days left
- Full Time
Head Of Sales – Adhesives
Based in East Midlands
Job ref: EG/38335
Salary: Circa £55K
Our client is a long established and highly successful manufacturer of adhesives, part of a large Group, they are investing in their technical and commercial divisions to provide innovative solutions for customers in the UK.The New Managing Director is looking to develop the business and team and is currently engaged in the identification of future leaders/succession planning. Therefore, they are searching highly focused, experienced and ambitious Head of Sales who will be widely recognised for their technical capabilities and customer support and will manage capabilities across a number of adhesives formulations and will focus on business development, particularly in Hot Melt Adhesives
The business has ambitious plans to significantly increase their revenue and grow market share. They have objectives to leverage the technical sales support offered to existing customers to develop its position in the market by entering new application areas and market sectors for adhesives, in particular Hot Melt adhesives.
As a chemistry graduate, the individual will have experience and understanding of the development of chemical formulations in adhesives and preferably Hot Melt adhesives. This experience will have been further enhanced by responsibility in a sales role wherein an ability to appreciate a customer’s process or application requirements for the adhesive products has delivered significant and sustained revenue growth and strengthening of account relationships both technically and commercially.
- Member of the leadership team reporting to the Managing Director
- Provision of commercial strategy through acquisition, interpretation and communication of market intelligence.
- Business development of adhesives manufactured by the business, in particular Hot Melt adhesives
- Implementation of the sales plan through the supervision, mentoring and management of the Caswell sales team
- Determines annual business plan and contributes to revision of 3-year plan by implementing commercial strategies; analyses and communicates trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for customers and sectors; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products..
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Ensures operational objectives are met through the effective deployment of sales and sales support, recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Ensures the development and performance of the sales team by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains and communicates accurate customer, market information and drives and supports effective processes.
- Maintains and upholds quality standards and guardian of a safe, healthy working environment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Chemistry graduate
- Experience and understanding of the development of chemical formulations in adhesives and preferably Hot Melt adhesives.
- Target driven, proven commercial acumen
- Ability to negotiate and sell to customer needs
- Commercially driven
- Demonstrable ability to manage, coach and develop others
- Capable of devising, monitoring and managing budgetary finances
- IT literate, very comfortable with Microsoft Office, familiarity with use and implementation of CRM systems.
- Additional language would be an advantage.
- A considered outlook and recognising of the importance of having a joined-up approach between all functional areas of the business.
- As this role is a key part of the succession planning of the business, ideally having a post-graduate business qualification or keen for personal development.
To apply please contact Ellie George
0044(0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017: Arabplast, JEC World, European Coatings Show, Plastteknik, Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma
Apply for Head of Sales
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly