Export Sales Executive - Multi-Lingual
Export Sales Executive - Multilingual
Based in Bedfordshire
Job ref: JH/37637
To represent the company to customers, prospects and other external contacts through a variety of sales activities including customer relationship management which will include European travel approximately 1-2 weeks in every 4 weeks (following an initial training period of approximately 6 months), stock and bespoke orders processing, raising quotations including margin calculation, creative construction / graphics brief development, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism and customer service are maintained at all times. The successful candidate will have either English or French as a native language and be fluent in the other and will have other language skills including Spanish, Portuguese or Italian. They will have a proven background in face to face customer sales. Relocation support may be available to the successful candidate.
- Ensure European Sales Manager, Commercial Director and Sales Office Manager are kept informed about any actual or potential high risk issues as well as any commercial opportunities.
- Process stock orders with a keen focus on cut-off time for next day deliveries.
- Upsell alternatives to customers in “out of stock” situations.
- Process bespoke (special construction and/or print) orders paying great attention to detail and “out of the box” thinking skills. This is to ensure orders can be constructed, printed and delivered to customers’ expectations.
- Raise construction and graphics briefs where received directly to the Export Sales Administrator.
- Send samples to customers for approval.
- Request information from internal departments to create quotations.
- Prepare and send customer quotations involving gross margin calculations.
- Raise works instructions on the sales order processing system.
- Monitor customers’ bespoke stock levels ensuring they have the stock needed at all times
- Resolve delivery queries with Transport which can include requesting Proof of Delivery to forward to the customer.
- Handle customer complaints e.g. product construction, printing, packaging and/or delivery problems.
- Follow-up with external and internal customers around all aspects of work.
- Raise credit applications for new customers.
- Check invoices against orders raised on a daily basis.
- Respond to website enquiries / pass onto appropriate departments for handling.
- Holiday / sickness cover for export team absences.
- Prepare special “price lists” for customers.
- Act as the internal switchboard for referring calls, emails and faxes to appropriate departments for handling, when those contacts are not directly for the Sales Office.
- Provide a reception service (on a bi-weekly basis alternating with Production).
- Create and issue paperwork for Transport and customers relating to customer collections.
- Provide admin support on an ad-hoc basis for internal and external meetings.
- Competent and accurate computer/data entry skills (Excel, etc)
- Experience (minimum 2 years) in a similar role (within the food packaging or Print industry would be desirable but not essential)
- Fluent in written/spoken English and French.
- Additional languages (must be a minimum of intermediate/business level both spoken and written) – Spanish, Italian, Portuguese (two of these languages would be desirable but not essential)
- Competent sales approach.
- Flexible working approach; ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Ability and confidence to communicate with all levels of staff/customers.
- High level of interest in developing their career in Sales as, whilst this role would initially be office based approximately for the first 6 months it would develop to more of a Field Sales Executive role within Europe, whilst still remaining based in the UK.
To apply please contact Jason Hutchison
0044(0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017: Arabplast, JEC World, European Coatings Show, Plastteknik, Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma