Managing Director - Plastics Packaging
Factory based in East Anglia
Location of position is flexible
Job ref: CST/38023
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Key Words: Managing Director, General Manager, Commercial Director, Plastics, Packaging, Injection Moulding, FMCG, Consumer Goods, Beverage, Personal Care, Toiletries
Our client is a full service global supplier of innovative injection moulded plastic packaging solutions for FMCG customers. Its key value proposition to customers is unprecedented innovation strength combined with unrivalled technological competences offering a global, full service proposition. The Group is an internationally recognised brand that is fully focused on innovation through its strong manufacturing global network and engineering expertise.
Lead the business and assume overall responsibility for the profitability and positive growth of the UK site by achieving the sales and operational targets through the deployment and implementation of the sales and marketing strategy specific to the UK Market. Plan, organise and implement budgets, the balance sheet, the profit and loss account, stocks, budgeted result and human resources.
- The post holds a full directorship for the UK operation requiring compliance with corporate governance and associated legal duties
- Ensuring UK customer portfolio is aligned with Strategic Product Categories
- Ensuring UK plant is running ‘stable operations’ and is benefitting from best practice within the Group working towards operational excellence
- Key account and customer relationship management
- Market and customer segmentation and targeting in line with Group Strategy
- Forecasting and reporting
- Maintaining assets (including technology) in a safe and compliant manner, bringing forward capital proposal where necessary
- Recruit, motivate and retain key employees and implement effective career development programs
- Compliance with the directives of the Quality assurance system
- General management education (operations and/or commercial)
- Professional experience from within the packaging industry or a sector that requires high volume B2B manufacturing of products critical for the customer
- Cost conscious with strong financial acumen
- Positive people skills – a willing and good communicator, leads by example
- Confident with solution sales based value proposition relationship building
- High level key account relationship management with blue chip customer base
- Understanding of production/capacity planning and site-management
- Proficient user of modern IT and office software
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Cooperative and determined, including strong negotiation skills
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial drive and enthusiasm
- Self-dependent and operative working style
- Discipline, accuracy and business acumen
- Balanced, however structured and fast in decision-making processes
- Strong leadership capabilities, with the gravitas and the drive to inspire and motivate
- High level of empathy
- Positive attitude and spirit
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to email@example.com.
The company have retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044(0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017: Arabplast, JEC World, European Coatings Show, Plastteknik, Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma