Packaging Designer / Artworker - 12 month maternity leave contract
We are a toiletries and gifting company specialising in beautifully designed packaging and currently looking for a maternity cover for our in-house packaging designer/artworker role. Candidates will be able to design for all aspects of packaging process from concept visuals to print ready artwork laydown. You will ideally have a minimum of 3 years experience within an agency or in house environment.
• Designing on trend conceptual themes and artwork for new ranges
• Creating 2D &3D packaging visuals
• Designing typography, logos, illustrations, patterns, for artwork
• Creating packaging cutters
• Creating print ready artwork from approved product visuals
• Problem solving any artwork issues for our factories
• Producing Brand Guidelines and managing implementation for new ranges.
• Design and produce print ready in store POS, shelf talkers and sales material.
• Providing exhibition stand concept visuals, stand artwork and POS for our various shows and in store installations.
• Photoshopping and amending pack shots.
• Problem solving factory artwork issues.
• Researching fashion and design trends.
• Creating postcards and other marketing collateral.
Must have qualities:
• A minimum of 3 years' FMCG packaging experience with a portfolio that demonstrates high conceptual thinking
• Advanced in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and In Design
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• The ability to confidently interpret and challenge design briefs
• Creative flare with a keen eye for detail & problem solving
• Self motivated, fast paced, diplomatic, hands on, enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Dedicated team player, works equally as well independently, flexible to the business needs
• Ability to multi task and work on various ranges at once
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Confident presenting skills