Transport Fleet Manager / Engineer - Packaging
Hours of Working: Monday to Saturday including Saturday mornings (55/60 hours per week as required).
Our Client is a well-established independent corrugated sheet plant with a turnover of around £15million. Our client is looking to recruit a Transport Fleet Manager/Engineer, to run the transport fleet and workshop.
• Reporting to the Sales Director (Deputised by the Finance Director)
• The Co-ordination and management of all transport requirements
• Liaise with the Transport Manager to ensure co-ordination and management of transport
• Service, repair and MOT of all LGV trailers, Cars, Vans, Forklifts and plant equipment
• Forward planning scheduling, and organisation of MOT, servicing, and planned maintenance
• All aspects of record keeping.
• Fleet development.
• Organisation of staff.
Head of operator licence compliance:
• CPC holder (National)
• Enforcement of operator compliance
• Analysis of tachograph charts
• Development of systems for compliance
• First point of contact for VOSA
• Driver training for regulation enforcement
• Competitive purchase of vehicles, trailers, plant, tyres, furl, heating oil and spare parts
Organisation of sub contract labour:
• To View and approve quotes
• Assess quality and suitability
• Health & Safety compliance
• Liaising with Health & Safety consultant
Compliance for environment agency regulations:
• Bunded fuel stores
• COSHH regulation Compliance
• Safe and compliant disposal of waste oil filters and contaminated wipes and gloves
Engineering and Fabrication: All aspects of cutting, welding, and fabrication
• Carry out day to day duties within the BRC standards and be responsible for product safety, legality, regulatory compliance and quality systems
• To Carry out any other additional duties necessitated by the nature of the business as instructed by the Management team
• Capable of working independently but also a positive contributor to meet the team objectives
• Flexible, adaptable response to change within a high growth business environment