Business Development Manager - Spirits
PK4568 - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Salary depending on experience + bonus + company car + contributory pension scheme
Our client requires a Business Development Manager, based in Southern Ireland, to promote and sell a wide range of products to include glass and plastic packaging to FMCG markets with a focus on the spirits industry.
The ideal candidate will be able to work under time pressure and be responsible for his/her own schedule to cover a territory to include all of Southern Ireland and Northern Ireland.
There is a growing portfolio of accounts to be managed in the territory and you will also be responsible for new business development.
- Identify and develop designated market sectors to increase profitability and sales revenue
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Gathering market and customer information
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Negotiating on price and costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
The candidate will be expected to travel regularly around Southern and Northern Ireland, however, there will also be a need on occasions for wider travel including Europe to understand the manufacturing capability and product range.
Apply for Business Development Manager - Spirits
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly