Group Sales Director
My client is a leading plastics manufacturing business, supplying into industrial, food manufacturing and beverage customers and convertors across the UK and Europe. Due to their continued growth they are now recruiting a Group Sales Director for the UK. The business is heavily invested and has expansion plans throughout the UK and Europe.
- Reporting to the Managing Director you will execute a sales plan, providing clear expectations and leadership to the team to ensure accountability to their assigned segment.
- A large part of the role will involve identifying emerging problems and recommending solutions as well as reporting on all other commercial aspects.
- Managing suppliers, improving margins and growing business within existing accounts are key elements to the role as well as developing business in a new targeted customer base.
- Create alignment for strategic impact through account analytics, price management in alignment with market price impacts, mitigation/management of business risk and resolutions of any barriers to success.
- The role will be very customer centric and will encompass working closely with customers within a Blue-Chip brand portfolio.
- Managing a sales team of seven and seventeen indirectly.
- Understand, drive and deliver financial results through defined metrics and drive revenue growth to meet the company’s targets.
- Of degree calibre you will have a demonstrable track record of business achievement within a sales capacity.
- Excellent negotiation skills are pivotal for this role as is attention to detail.
- You will be dynamic, driven, results focused and keen to join a business that is poised for future growth.
- You will be highly motivated with a drive to succeed and a strong intellect coupled with a proven track record in senior sales, gained within the plastic packaging sector. Previous experience of managing a selection of blue-chip accounts is essential. You will have excellent negotiation skills and be very comfortable operating within the FTSE 250.
- An ability to work in conjunction with Quality and Operations to improve processes, creating more collaborative relationships with our suppliers under existing contracts is also an essential element of the role.
- Analysing cost elements, auditing where appropriate and confirming that valuations are consistent with operational strategy.
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
- You will have experience of working with and influencing senior executive leadership.
- Relevant experience in the food processing, beverage, local authority, waste management and industrial sectors.
- You will be looking to make your next career move where you will be an integral part of a great team that is fully committed to driving the business to a higher level and where there are no limitations on how far you can progress your career.
Should this role be of interest, please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or for a private and confidential discussion
please call Helen Kennedy at our Leeds office on: 0113 394 4950
Apply for Group Sales Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly