PK4579 - TECHNICAL MANAGER
Up to £45K + Car Allowance (£500 per month) + Target Bonus 5% + 25 Days Holiday (Plus 4 flexi days) + Pension + Private Health
Our client is a market leading packaging manufacturer currently looking to recruit a Technical Manager to join their team.
- Manage the R&D Department and ensure that the validation process for new materials (inclusive OPTECH projects) is rigorously followed.
- Devising, raising, organising, running, evaluating and reporting of R&D trials as well as the control of their successful completion.
- Compile monthly reports on the status of all active R&D projects in the company.
- Rigorous analysis of process capability trends during the product design phase using statistical data analysis (Minitab).
- Agree on technical raw material specifications with suppliers and with the quality manager.
- Agree on finished goods technical specifications with customers.
- Build relationship with the Technical Department of Key Customers.
- Build relationship with the Technical Department of Key Suppliers.
- Contribute to achieve and maintain supply lead times by generating timely the required Bill of Materials in the ERP system (Syteline).
- Provide technical training where required.
- Participate in Root Cause analysis of complaints, when required from the Quality Department.
- Take the lead in technical investigations for customer complaints, when this has been assigned and requested from the Quality Department.
- Carry out Risk Assessments for all new chemical substances which are intended to be used in the company facility.
- Participate as member of the BRC team in the company facility to give technical support during BRC and HACCP meetings.
- Give technical support to Operations on processes when required.
- Educated to Degree Level (MSc in chemical engineering, chemistry or materials engineering).
- 5 years+ experience in R&D and Process Engineering.
- Competent use of computerised statistical analysis tools (Minitab).