NPD Packaging Manager
To work as part of the NPD function to support the identification and implementation of chilled food packaging solutions that deliver a competitive advantage to the business and meet the retailer and business objectives.
Candiates must have :
- Expertise in packaging (minimum 5 years) in chilled food /food
- Independent self starter who can lead and also work as part of a team
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- The ability to communicate and influence at all business levels both internally and with suppliers and customers
- Flexibility to operate across both business units
- Be innovative and creative whilst adept at providing practical and commercially viable solutions
- A proactive approach
- The ability to manage multiple projects at multiple sites to the required timescales
- The ability to mentor and develop an junior team
Sciences and material knowledge
Own Label experience
Retail and customer experience
We are committed to supplying outstanding quality, value and service, never forgetting that our relationship with our customers is pivotal to our success.
We encourage personal initiative and empower our people to make things happen.
Our motivation comes from a determination to succeed in all we do.
We believe everyone has a valuable part to play in the success of the business.
We aim to communicate effectively and are committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
We thrive on challenges, looking for innovative ways to grow and improve our business further.
Aware of market tends /developments and responds proactively
We endeavour to achieve efficiencies in all things we do, providing value for our customers and shareholders alike.
Work with the Development teams and packaging suppliers to drive packaging innovation to the required standard and timescales, in-line with the business’ packaging development process
Ensure the business Packaging Development Process is fit for purpose and effective and the associated documentation is kept up to date and accurate
Work with site engineers to understand total cost to deliver new packaging formats
Engage with key stakeholders to create multifunctional project teams to support packaging innovation – delivering packaging from concept to launch
Support the development teams, where required, with customer meetings and projects
Critical path management and adherence. Develop relationships with packaging personnel at all retailers
Provides the business with packaging expertise. Pro-actively look for opportunities –
- To improve current packaging formats and factory processes
- To develop packaging solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for the business and make us the first choice for packaging innovation for our customers
Oversees the business packaging database, ensuring packaging information is accurate and accessible
Visit relevant Packaging exhibitions and present findings back to the business
Keep NPD teams and the wider chilled food business up to date on the latest packaging innovations and technologies
Deliver internal innovation workshops, challenging existing packaging supply base
Seek opportunities to extend supply base where appropriate and beneficial whilst staying aligned with business and central procurement
Identifies and addresses gaps in own and team knowledge and encourages others to fulfil their potential with development and support
Apply for NPD Packaging Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly