Regional Account Manager - Food Packaging
PK4587 - REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - FOOD/FOOD SERVICE PACKAGING
£35K Plus (More for Market Experience) + Performance Package
Our client offers a complete food packaging solution to a wide range of major food producers across the UK and Europe. Their expanding customer base includes major supermarket groups and multi-national food manufacturers, as well as a broad range of food service, industrial and fresh produce companies.
They currently require a Regional Account Manager. The main focus of the role will be day to day management of a portfolio of regional accounts, there will be more elements of new business added as sales training progresses.
The “ideal candidate” could be looking to progress their career, maybe from an internal sales role. Ideally living in Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire or South Lincolnshire.
An understanding of products such as flexo or digital printed labels, films, flow wrap, lidding, pots, trays, clam packs, tubs etc. for food or foodservice markets.
- Manage key customers on a daily basis to understand stock requirements and forecasts ensuring stock is dispatched in accordance with T&C’s.
- To liaise effectively with production whilst utilising data to continuously ensure all customers are up to date with orders and dispatches.
- To understand and monitor all lead times given by customers and ensure full communication is given to all departments to achieve the required results.
- Identify quickly and efficiently any customer complaints and ensure they are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- Continuously promote the business and its functionalities for sales activity.
- To manage and grow an existing portfolio of accounts.
- To actively seek and identify new business opportunities.
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills.
- A good communicator, with good interpersonal relationship skills, throughout all levels of the company, suppliers and customers.
- The ability to work both as a team player and on their own using their own initiative.
- Basic computer skills.