Global Packaging Development Director
- Full Time
Role based Sweden: Assistance with relocation.
Our prestigious Client is a truly leading FMCG company who develop, produce, market and sell their product range in c.100 countries under many leading global & regional brands. Group sales exceed 10B Euros.
This exciting role will give a rarely available opportunity of working in a World Class operation that offers a challenging, rewarding and fast-paced environment.
You will be leading a team of Packaging Development Engineers where the emphasis is placed on sustainability in everything that they do.
- Degree: either Polymer, Chemical or Mechanical.
- Deep & Broad understanding of Packaging with general R&D and Value Chain Experience.
- Ability to navigate a complex Matrix Organisation Structure
- Technically skilled / highly experienced in dealing with Specifications
- Must have Line Management Experience and have worked in a large corporate environment - having demonstrated ability to lead a team of specialists and engage and influence others across disciplines, cultures and positions.
- Comprehensive understanding about packaging design and features, technologies and materials - and how the whole value chain works.
- In depth knowledge of the innovation development process from idea to launch, incl. Innovation funnel processes and working processes/tools related to product development.
- Ideally; External Consultancy Management experience.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:-
Lead and develop the assigned Packaging Development team comprising of 5 staff.
Secure the right Packaging Development competence, resources and methodologies to successfully execute Innovation projects and to support Business Units in agreed activities.
Proactively drive improvements to secure effective and efficient way of working in packaging development within R&D team as well as across organisation.
Keep up to date with trends and future demands in packaging area, explore new technologies and transfer the findings into the innovation portfolio.
Safeguard product functionality and properties in packaging area.
Secure input to the final specification, incl. mandatory parameters in the Innovation projects.
Define areas in which research & development is needed to meet long term business needs and brand needs.
Initiate and drive enabling R&D projects to deliver on the brand claim ladders and improve state of readiness for future Innovation projects.
In cooperation with Technology Area Directors define areas in which Technology development is needed to meet long term business needs and brand needs and identify synergies between Technology platforms in own area.
Monitor product competitiveness vs. competitor product offers and recommend project/actions to improve competitiveness in line with brand requirements.
*CVs in Word format please.
Apply for Global Packaging Development Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly