European Business Development Director
Our client is one of the nations largest packaging groups who are looking to recruit a professional with strong relationship management and interpersonal skills to play a key role within the company. They are looking for a Business Development Director for Europe to be responsible for identifying and closing new enterprise customer business for their innovative branding solutions and expanding existing customer business to drive growth in both revenue and EBITDA (continual margin improvement). Immediate vertical market priorities are FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Cosmetics (i.e. some of the world’s leading brands). Along with new revenue generation, the Director, Business Development Europe must also play a leadership role in ensuring a best-in-class experience for the customer following the sale. This business is all about selling innovative, “end-to-end” brand communication solutions that improve communication effectiveness and dramatically reduce operating complexity and costs. This leading company has the expertise and integration capability to do this efficiently across a regional and global marketplace.
Additionally drives the Company’s profitable revenue growth within a geographic region by building strong relationships with Senior- and Executive-level Regional client contacts of either a global account and/or of strategic regional accounts and with Global and/or Regional Company leaders. Collaborating with global and/or regional Company experts identifies opportunities for, and sells, additional Company solutions to drive revenue volume growth within the assigned client accounts.
Scope of Responsibilities
· Secure New Customers
· Expand Revenue via Cross-Sell
· Solutions Thought Leadership
· Contribute to Broader European Growth
Our client is looking for someone with a vast amount of experience in solution Sales with blue-chip, market-leading companies.
This is a ‘hunter’ role, so applicants must have a strong track record of effectively developing new business with new strategic customers using a systemic approach to managing a portfolio of new opportunities through the sales funnel. While the key focus of the role is new business with new customers, there is also an expectation that this role will help sell new opportunities within existing customers (e.g., cross-selling) in collaboration with company resources handling ongoing customer business.
· Listening skills (listen first, then respond)
· Intellectual horsepower (highly analytical & strategic)
· Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ)
· Influencing (proven ability to persuade others towards an idea or goal)
· Negotiation skills (proven ability to seek and close the right deals)
· Complex problem-solving (create options, then converge)
· Innovative and creative thinking (need fresh thinking)
· Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
· Organised and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
· Strong presentation skills
Strong candidates will be both persistent and resilient, and energised by an entrepreneurial environment; comfortable “doing the work”. You will be a team player and motivated by business accomplishments. Our client needs someone who is open, honest and genuine, and who also exudes passion and commitment.