Business Development Executive
3 days left
- Full Time
PK4598 - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
SOUTH / MIDLANDS
£32-35K + Car + Bonus
Our client manufacture bespoke thermoformed trays and added value products in the food packaging industry.
The company are currently looking to recruit a homebased Business Development Executive to maximise sales, whilst achieving minimum target budget. Develop new business across sectors including allocated account base of existing but primarily potential accounts. To identify and explore new business opportunities within geographical location. Grow business profitably and strategically.
- To achieve and exceed agreed budgetary sales targets across within allocated customer base and to exploit new business opportunities in line with company objectives.
- Input into annual budget.
- No direct reports, but will work with colleagues at all levels across functions, within the business.
- Reporting to Head of Sales/Sales Manager.
- Achieve and exceed budgetary sales and margin targets in allocated Accounts and across target sectors in geographical location.
- Negotiate, and gain new bespoke product briefs, drive targeted bespoke NPD whilst recognising volume and margin requirements.
- Monitor pricing, turnover, margin, debt, performance against forecast, service levels and account growth.
- Agree sales budgets and forecast with allocated accounts and target sectors.
- Feedback to the business market information on product trends, market trends, product performance and competitor activity. Make recommendations to improve business performance.
- Promote the image of the company as experts in the market place and represent the company at all times in a smart, professional and competent manner.
- Represent the company at Trade shows, Exhibitions, and commercial and product presentations.
- Comply with regular reporting procedures, weekly monthly.
- Update daily in use the company CRM with all contacts and activity.
- Optimise the company’s cash position by managing stock to minimise aged stock and write off, and monitor payment performance of all accounts to avoid bad debt.
- Attend monthly sales team meetings and quarterly business reviews.
- Support other members of sales team as required to achieve their objectives and develop their own knowledge and expertise within the thermoforming sector.
- Help identify new markets to increase exposure to new profitable sectors.
- Build good working relationships with the internal team at all levels.
- Sound academic education.
- Proven track record of success in sales and business development, typically a minimum of two years’ experience, is expected.
- To be able to demonstrate the depth of knowledge, skills and commercial acumen required to deliver results in the role.
- Knowledge of the Packaging sector market.
- Experienced and effective negotiator both at customer level and with inter-departmental colleagues.
- Numerate, literate, articulate and precise with concise and sound verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office suite experience with excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills, able to construct presentations for both external and internal audiences and to present confidently to deliver key messages.
- Analytical and logical mind with the courage and confidence to challenge.
- ‘Hands on’ approach and tenacious ‘can do’ attitude.
- Smart and professional, confident interpersonal skills.
- Tenacious, resilient and assertive personality with the ability to influence others’ decision making with sound rationale.
- Highly organised, good time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Able to work as part of a team but capable of self-managing and self-motivation.
- Ability to work across functions, building relationships and credibility with operations, commercial, finance, technical and NPD.
- Ability to remain calm and stress free in a fast moving and pressurised environment.
- Flexibility to work outside ‘normal’ hours and to travel to customers, across sites, and to stay away from home as required.
- Full driving licence.
- Educated to A level or equivalent in relevant area.
- Experience in a sales environment with an understanding of processing.
- Skilled at ‘cross selling’ across product ranges, and new bespoke briefs.
- Knowledge to develop and implement effective sales strategies and business development plans.
- Understanding of NPD process with an interest in food and food products, and non-food sectors.
- Design innovation and creative vision.
Apply for Business Development Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly