Technical Coordinator / Packaging Technologist
6 days left
- Full Time
PK4600 - TECHNICAL COORDINATOR / PACKAGING TECHNOLOGIST
£19-25K (Depending on experience) + 25 Days Paid Holiday
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday - 9:00am till 5:00pm
Our client is a specialist in the production of printed flexible packaging including lidding film, flow wrap film, bags and liners into food markets throughout the UK.
The company are currently looking to recruit a Technical Coordinator to conduct project, testing and administration work within the department, under the guidance of senior members of the technical department. Provide support and assistance to the Technical department in order keep adequate documentation, testing information and compliance with procedures.
- Conduct project work under guidance of senior members of the Technical department, ensuring that a timeline is created and followed. All work should be documented in a way that information recalled as required.
- To ensure that raw material, compliance information and testing information is collected from testing or collected from the supplier and documented and stored in a manner that it can be retrieved as required.
- Raise trials for new materials, new processes and new products within the business.
- Investigate and report on new markets / products / equipment as directed by Managing Director / Sales Director.
- Work with supply base to gain information on development, compliance and to help resolve technical issues.
- Liaise with other departments within the business in order to gain full details required for technical work; such as cost of materials, time scales and potential volumes.
- To produce professional, detailed reports and presentations for internal use, customers and suppliers to an agreed format.
- Conduct technical administration where required; including specifications and declarations of compliances.
- Complete shelf life, material and chemical testing recording relevant information and creating testing reports.
- Organise and obtain samples as required for internal and external testing and sampling.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and other departments in order to help other departments.
- Travel when required to support customer requirements, continued professional development, trials and complaints.
- To work within Government and Company Equal Opportunities Policy and practices and report any deviations.
- To work within Government and Company Health & Safety policies and practices and report any hazards or incidences.
- Work in accordance with all company environmental management requirements, taking reasonable care for the protection of the environment through your own acts/omissions and report any opportunities for improving environmental targets.
- To undertake all Hygiene and Quality responsibilities to ensure that Company standards are met and surpassed.
- To be flexible in undertaking duties and responsibilities and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the position and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
- Provide training and support to others both within and external to the department.
- Principles of controlled and modified atmosphere packaging.
- Properties of commodity films and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Machinery used throughout the packaging supply chain.
- Procedural requirements of the Technical Department.
- Understand a range of problem solving techniques.
- Legislation and regulations in and related to the packaging industry including; Food Safety, Health & Safety and HARM/HACCP.
- Use and purpose of industry standards.
- How to collect, interpret and analyse data.
- Able to confidently use ICT system including email, office suites and PRISM.
- Provide and interpret data and information (reports and presentations).
- Use problem solving techniques, including root cause analysis and investigation methods.
- Able to use all equipment in the food science, material and chemical laboratory.
- Influence and negotiate with colleagues and customers.
- Safe working; ensure the safety of self and others, ensure products are safe and challenge others on safety issues.
- Ownership of work; accepts responsibility, is proactive and plans work.
- Pride in work; integrity, aim for excellence, time management.
- Effective communicator; in writing, visually and verbally.
- Innovation; demonstrates curiosity to foster new ways of thinking and working.
Apply for Technical Coordinator / Packaging Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly