Finishing / Gluer Machine Operator - Corrugated X2
FINISHING / GLUER MACHINE OPERATOR – CORRUGATED X2 (PK4612)
SOUTH YORKS / DERBYSHIRE
£Open depending on Experience (see below)
Our client is a leading packaging company who produce a range of high end packaging for a wide variety of market sectors including confectionery, food, beverage, cosmetics, childcare and healthcare markets.
They are currently recruiting experienced Finishing / Gluer Machine Operators. Reporting to the Shift Manager / Production Manager you will be responsible for production from the machine in line with KPI Targets. Efficient use and care of all materials and tools used within scope of job. Accurate completion of all appropriate paperwork.
- To ensure machine is in a safe working condition and report all defects immediately to the Shift Manager / Production Manager. To adhere at all times to the Safe System of Work, displayed on the machine.
- To abide at all times by the company’s health and safety, environment and hygiene rules in relation to BRCIOP, constantly promoting a vigilant approach to all aspects of these areas and the prompt reporting of all hazards encountered.
- To aid the business in the implementation of WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING by using Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Reduction Of Waste and Total Planned Maintenance
- To work to the required housekeeping standards at all times (as described in the Safe System of Work) and to ensure the machine and working areas are kept clean, tidy and hazard free.
- To produce finished goods of a required quality and perform the required quality control checks as described in the quality manual.
- To ensure all finished goods from the machine are palletised in a safe manner, in line with the palletisation instructions as described on the works order instructions.
- To ensure all completed pallets are correctly labelled and moved promptly to the designated next operation area.
- To ensure all administration requirements are promptly and accurately completed.
- To ensure correct ‘on the job training’ is carried out if and when required.
- To abide at all times by the Company’s general and disciplinary rules.
- To undertake any reasonable task from time to time at the request of Shift Manager / Production Managers as may be deemed appropriate in the interests of the Company.
Salary: Assistant - £17,5K, Operator - £20.5K, Experienced Operator (able to run two different gluers) - £24.5K
Shifts: Continental Shifts - 1860 hours per year, (155 days per annum, 12 hour shifts, days 7 nights)
Overtime: Time ½ Monday to Saturday and Double Time on Sundays
Apply for Finishing / Gluer Machine Operator - Corrugated X2
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly