Business Development Manager - Automotive
PK4617 - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - AUTOMOTIVE
£34-40K + Car + Laptop + Mobile phone + Option to join pension scheme
Our client is a well-established manufacturer of plastic products supplied to major UK and European companies. Well known for their design, development and manufacture of bespoke products to suit customer specifications.
They are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager, the ideal candidate will be based in Lancashire and will work out of the office with a couple of days on the road with clients.
You will have recent selling or account management record within the OEM automotive industry, ideally injection or blow moulding plastics experience is preferred.
The main responsibilities of the Business Development Manager are to assist the Sales Director in the following duties:
- To promote the sale of the company’s products to all existing and potential new customers by - Soliciting for new business at an early concept stage with the appropriate contacts within the customers’ organisation. Soliciting for new business on established vehicles and other customer products wherever the opportunity may present itself.
- To maintain good relations with the company’s customers, attending to customers’ needs and/or complaints. Ascertaining wherever possible the degree of negligence if applicable on any of the company’s components.
- To liaise with the customer and appropriate personnel within the factory to ensure that enquiries and quotations are properly dealt with. Requesting and ensuring effective processing of customers’ orders and samples take place.
- To promote at every opportunity the sales of company products to both motor trade and other trades consistent with capabilities, equipment and production capacity.
- To undertake such market investigations as may be directed in respect of new plastic products and new customers.
- To keep themselves abreast of developments in plastics, so as to be able to advise the company on new market outlets for its existing products, or changes in any market trends, and to make where appropriate suggestions regarding suitable new products.
- To ensure that the presentation of themselves and the company vehicle provided represents a company image of quality, integrity, technical ability and first class customer service.
- To prepare regular reports on the progress of all business arising out of their contact with their customers and to attend any in plant meetings as may be considered necessary.
- To undertake any special projects as is deemed necessary in the performance of their duties.
- To undertake investigations on competitor activities within the customer base. Reporting criteria would normally be on competitiveness, product, manufacturing and technical capabilities.
Apply for Business Development Manager - Automotive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly