New Business Development Manager - Plastic Packaging
PK4620 - NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - PLASTICS
HOME BASED / ANY UK LOCATION
£33-39K + Company Car + Annual Bonus (After qualifying period)
Our client is an internationally active, family-owned company involved in the plastics processing industry. A leading manufacturer in the field of plastic packaging manufacturing, distribution and development with numerous production sites globally. They offer an outstandingly broad program of products, user-friendly accessories and state-of-the-art decoration processes enable highly differentiated packaging for all purposes.
They are looking for a New Business Development Manager in a home based national role to manage existing customers and to generate new customers for the company.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The emphasis in this role will be to win new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from target markets.
- To manage a portfolio of existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive at all times.
- To integrate and learn from the existing UK Sales Management Team via regular meetings.
- To quickly identify the decision makers and stakeholders within the clients organisation.
- Preparing quotations with both commercial and technical contents.
- Developing a rapport with clients, and setting targets for sales, whilst providing support that will continually improve the relationship for the benefit of both parties.
- Follow up orders to ensure a timely delivery, including keeping customers informed of every phase of the production process.
- To work closely with the Internal Sales Team, Production Managers and colleagues to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximise revenues.
- To make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict your clients’ future needs.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Willing to travel to the potential and existing customers in the UK & Ireland target markets, and to European company sites on a regular basis.
- To work towards (or preferably to already possess) a thorough knowledge of the plastic packaging market, the solutions and services that the Group can provide and of the company’s competitors. Full Product and System Training will of course be provided.
- To complete all reports required by Senior Management in a timely fashion.
Required Key Skills and Experience:
- Educated to a minimum of university level with a high talent for self-organisation.
- Excellent negotiator and communicator with a structured approach to your day to day workings.
- Experience within the plastic packaging industry is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience with an account management role or similar is preferred.
- A professional approach towards a fast moving business environment together with strong analytical skills and the ability to work using your own initiative.
- Experience of working in a worldwide organisation preferred but not essential.
- Good level of emotional intelligence with a flair to get on with people in general.
- Enthusiasm, engagement and high motivation to achieve sales success.
- Experience of working from your Home Office.
- Microsoft Office skills essential, especially MS-Excel.
- Language skills, particularly French or German, are an advantage, but not essential.