NPD Account Manager
PK4622 - NPD ACCOUNT MANAGER
SOUTH MANCHESTER / CHESHIRE / STAFFORDSHIRE / FLINTSHIRE
Attractive Salary and Benefits Package (Dependent on experience)
Our client is a world class packaging supplier providing solutions to multinational FMCG businesses. They currently require an NPD Account Manager to build successful and profitable customer relationships, whilst managing the effective delivery of multiple complex sales orders and projects.
The role is predominately office based with some external interaction with key customers, but they don’t envisage this role to require more than 10% of the time visiting customer/new suppliers.
You will be delivering full complete packs with a variety of variants to the range directly into the retail industry. This will include involvement in sourcing components and packaging plus an understanding of the Product Safety Reports required.
Our client requires someone with specific industry related experience although would be open to suggestion where transferable skills may be appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and advise customers on new project developments ensuring all the required specification can be met whilst achieving the required profit margin.
- Complete a detailed hand over to the appropriate account manager.
- Assist colleagues with issues related to new project developments.
- Provide updates to internal colleagues to progress the order.
- Produce accurate quotes, following an agreed pricing structure.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts and their related projects.
- Resolution of account queries including those related to Credit Control.
- Pro-active chasing and updating of order status.
- Issue a weekly schedule of orders to customers with relevant comments and actions.
- Input daily system updates with revised dates, actions taken and internal comments.
- Authorise orders to ensure all information is correct.
- Monitoring Critical Path Analysis to ensure all components meet the required timeline.
- Excellent negotiating and relationship management skills.
- The ability to digest and understand technical specifications and retain product knowledge to assist the customers achieve their requirements.
- Confident, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Articulate and accurate.
- Good business sense with an understanding of leakage and credit control.
- Remain organised under pressure.
- Excellent ownership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations whilst remaining calm.
- Work as part of a team, supporting colleagues as and when required.
- Ability to follow an internal process.
- Relationship building.
- Customer service skills and professional telephone manner.
- A positive attitude towards change.
- Pricing and product knowledge.
- Takes responsibility for own personal development and training.
- Initiative, energy and persistence.
- Language skills (not essential).
- IT literate.