PK4624 - PRODUCTION MANAGER
NORTHERN HOME COUNTIES (Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Oxfordshire)
£35-40K + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a global leader in the retail, food, security, and medical packaging markets. They attribute success to their innovation strategies that give an undeniable edge in creativity, design and technical applications.
Due to continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and highly self-motivated Production Manager to complement their successful team.
The Production Manager will be key to organise, optimise and oversee the manufacturing of world class products. You will be ultimately responsible for the day to day smooth running of key production areas and the quality of output.
You will have hands on knowledge of improving production processes and procedures, and the ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance which will set you apart as a leader. Performance optimisation, decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day.
The goal is to ensure efficient and productive manufacturing processes that meet customer requirements.
- Manage production processes and implement actions to obtain results
- Organise workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Liaise with planning to ensure optimised work flow
- Ensure the timescale for job completion is optimised
- Determine and implement Continuous Improvement and Lean initiatives to improve production performances
- Implement standard operating procedures for production operations
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to
- Analyse production and quality control to detect and correct problems
- Prepare and maintain production reports
- Support the purchasing of raw materials
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organise necessary interventions for improvement
- Determine amount of necessary resources required to deliver production schedule (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Work alongside different departments to drive change
- Identify training needs
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Ensure that production is cost effective
- Proven experience as a Team Leader or Production Manager
- Knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and KPI Tracking
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organisational and leaderships skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Ability to travel as required
As Production Manager you will be involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. An important part of the job is driving change and managing people.
You will possess excellent planning and organisational skills along with a good knowledge of FMCG manufacturing processes, and demonstrate a systematic approach to problem solving.
Results orientated, customer focused and an excellent communicator at all levels, you will thrive within a pressurised environment and be confident in working both autonomously and as part of a team, with previous ISO 9001 (Quality Management System) experience and formal training on quality tools and techniques (Six-sigma training) proving distinctly advantageous.