As a leading international manufacturing company, Coveris is dedicated to providing solutions that enhance the safety, quality and convenience of products we use every day. In partnership with the most respected brands in the world, Coveris develops vital packaging products that protect everything from the food we eat, to medical supplies, to the touch screen device in our pockets, contributing to the lives of millions every day. Due to continued growth we are currently recruiting for:
We are seeking a Technologist for our production facility based in Gainsborough, North Lincolnshire. This position is to support the co-ordination of all technical and product development activities, focusing on continuous improvement and product enhancement.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensuring all products bought, manufactured and sold by Coveris are in compliance with all relevant EU Food Contact & Food Contact & Food Safety legislation.
- Supporting the key business strategic projects as identified by the Technical Team, ensuring focus and drive to deliver necessary results in the given timeframe.
- Provide technical support with customers to review product performance, account review and product development opportunities.
- Manage and support the technical site projects and trials ensuring delivery of results in the given timeframe.
- Provide Technical analysis of materials and samples in-line with development requirements.
- Help maintain the trial database, project tracker and technical systems. Key Requirement
- Knowledge of Flexible Films / Print and conversion processes would be an advantage.
- A foundation degree, HND or a degree in packaging or packaging design, materials science, food technology, nutrition, physics or chemistry would be an advantage.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Project managing skills.
This role would suit a recent graduate or individual at an early stage in their Food Science career.
Coveris believe in investing in their employees' training and development right from the start and throughout their careers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward a CV and salary expectations to our team. Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Apply for Packaging Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly