Nestlé UK & Ireland
Up to £35k + Private Medical + Further benefits
We’re looking for an experienced Packaging Technologist to join our team working on diverse and forward thinking projects.
Around 95% of UK households consume our brands, and more than two billion Nestlé products are sold in the UK every year. The Packaging Team work with internal and external clients to make sure that the materials used for packaging complement the end product, and make it to consumers in the intended way.
What can you expect?
The focus will be to develop new packs for the products produced on site, promotional packaging and point of sale materials as well as running assessments on new materials, to develop innovation and cost saving projects.
The role will also encompass:
- Leading packaging projects and trials at a factory level with focus on line performance
- Providing packaging input whilst proposing and evaluating best packaging alternatives
- Conducting value analysis, identifying and recommending cost improvements
- Driving quality improvements
- Managing a database of packaging materials
- Analysing customer complaints related to packaging, propose & implementing corrective actions
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone with previous experience in high speed packing machines such as scales, baggers, cartoners, case packers and palletisers, alongside experience with packaging materials.
Other attributes would include:
- A continuous improvement mind-set.
- Ability to coach across all levels.
- Work on own initiative.
- Manage and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment.
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in associated field of study.
What you need to know
The closing date for this role is 17th July. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.