Packaging Designer / Estimator - Packaging
PK4645 - PACKAGING DESIGNER / ESTIMATOR
(Please contact me for further location details)
Up to Circa £35K + Pension + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Our client is a large independent corrugated sheet plant based in the South East, they are currently looking to recruit a Packaging Designer / Estimator to create bespoke designs and complete general tasks with their busy design office.
The role is called Designer / Estimator: They have a need for a Designer who (alongside the Design role) is happy to create specification onto the system ready for their Commercial Manager to price, this part will be approx. 1 – 1 ½ hours a day.
The successful candidate will be experienced in AG CAD / Impact software.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Reporting to the Design Supervisor / Office Manager
- Design packaging solutions suitable to match or improve customer specification using IMPACT CAD software. Offer innovative alternatives to current pack designs.
- Create specifications on to computer (Packaging 3000 system) and produce estimates to be forwarded to the costing department.
- Show awareness of board availability, cost and manufacturing routing, along with the suitability of various protection/ cushioning materials available.
- Liaise with the Production Manager continually with designs to ensure you optimise the production capability.
- Approval of ‘First Orders’. Ensuring the item being ordered is as the customer requires, is routed through the factory the best way, samples and artwork are approved, and ordering cutting formes and print stereos in a timely manner.
- Produce sample boxes and fittings for customers on the ZUND sample table.
- Liaise with Sales Representatives on an ongoing basis.
- Customer satisfaction is paramount, so a commercial awareness is expected at all times.
- Ensure systems are adhered to for compliance to the company’s BRC accreditation.
- Hasten deliveries from suppliers.
- Others tasks as requested by the Design Supervisor or Office Manager.