Adhesive Chemist Flexible Packaging
Opportunity for a BSC/MSC/PHD qualified Chemist to develop their career with a Midlands based global Specialty Chemicals manufacturer in a customer facing, technical application & formulation role as an Adhesive Chemist.
BASIC: up to £42,000 + Annual Bonus (8%) + Company Pension + Health cover in. Family + 25 days plus Stats + Other Group Benefits
BASED – Midlands (Relocation assistance available where required)
Part of multi-billion dollar global group, we are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of specialty chemicals and technologies used every day in a wide variety of markets and applications.
With over 5000 passionate, technical solvers, from renowned scientists and research chemists to talented engineers and plant operators based at our manufacturing and R&D centres across North America, Europe, China, India, Brazil and Russia, we develop practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems for customers in more than 100 countries worldwide.
This new role falls within our industrial specialties division which manufactures specialty resins, adhesives and coatings for the packaging, print & converting, construction, transportation and energy markets.
THE JOB – Adhesive Chemist – Flexible Packaging
To help achieve strategic growth initiatives set for Europe we are looking for a commercially focused, Adhesive Chemist to take responsibility for product development and technical service of our solventless, water based lamination adhesives and coldseal / heatseal adhesives and coatings used within the packaging, flexible packaging, print & converting industries.
This is a technical specialist (based from our UK manufacturing site circa. 70% of time) and customer facing role with visits to customer sites across Europe (circa 30% of time), supporting the technical sales team in the:
* Support the commercialization of new laminating adhesives to meet European customer requirements
* Product evaluation, formulation development & sample preparation
* Re-formulation of existing products for performance or cost benefits
* Assessment of new raw material suitability
* Complete stability/compatibility testing in line with European legislation
* Management of on-site customer trials
* Investigating and resolution of customer complaints
* Provide technical expertise to the European Business and Sales teams
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts and raw material suppliers
PERSON REQUIREMENTS - Adhesive Chemist – Flexible Packaging
* MSc or BSc in a chemistry related field, preferably in polymer or coatings technology
* Ideally have experience specifically within the field of packaging, printing or converting adhesives and coatings
* Any experience of food packaging and associated regulations would be advantageous but not a pre-requisite
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Experience in writing and maintaining technical literature and product line training materials
* Project Management experience
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
* Motivated and results oriented with an hands on mentality
* Ability to interface and build relationships with our European customers
* Ability to work independently but with a team player mentality
PROSPECTS - Adhesive Chemist – Flexible Packaging
* There is huge potential for career development within the company and the group globally. We have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the further development of all personnel.
* All of the line management team at our UK R&D centre started in this level of role, been promoted and taken on greater responsibilities
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Adhesive Chemist – Flexible Packaging - reference JG1705-76 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683301 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.