Packaging Specialist - Corrugated / Packaging Materials
PACKAGING SPECIALIST - CORRUGATED / PACKAGING MATERIALS (PK4649)
£ Competitive Salary + Annual Bonus Scheme + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension Scheme + Medical Cash Plan + Excellent Benefits + Training & Development Opportunities
Our Client is a market leading packaging solutions supplier in the UK. They provide their clients with a full range of packaging materials including: corrugated boxes, tapes, strapping, polythene films and bags, protective packaging, labels, transit packaging etc.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Packaging Specialist to develop and grow the North East Region in line with monthly and annual agreed targets including generating appropriate B2B leads, securing appointments, providing a consultative and specialist advice service, making profitable sales and managing accounts with the support of an internal coordinator.
The role will be approx. 75% targeting new business and 25% managing existing accounts. A proven background selling the above products is required.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Plan and prioritise personal sales objectives, especially managing personal time and productivity in order to achieve and surpass agreed monthly and annual sales targets
- Generate new business and develop a consistent pipeline
- Understand Single source supply and it benefits to both the customer and the company
- Manage your area and customers effectively – taking into consideration pricing, margins and service in order to achieve gross profit targets
- Utilising your knowledge of the area to identify and secure new opportunities with businesses; to maintain and further develop existing accounts and accurately record business activity
- Communicate on a daily basis with a designated Sales Coordinator ensuring they are aware of your business activity and any developments
- Plan and participate in marketing/training exercises e.g. product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions, seminars, telemarketing etc to strengthen sales efforts and knowledge
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities; and provide relevant reports
- Undertake other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require
- Carry out all duties in accordance with employment policies and individual contractual terms and conditions of employment.
- Reporting to the Branch Managing Director
- Knowledge - Packaging knowledge of corrugated, polythene films (stretch or shrink) adhesive tapes and strapping preferable but not a prerequisite.
- Experience - You must have a strong field sales experience having worked for either a packaging distribution company or solution based sales channel with a consultancy bias