Global Supply Chain Manager
Global Supply Chain Manager – Budapest – Packaging
My client is a leading multinational packaging manufacturer. With a truly global reach and a host of much-envied blue-chip key accounts they have prospered in the recent market through innovative and bespoke solutions whilst also adding to their portfolio through a number of key acquisitions. As a result of a drive to add industry-leading Supply-Chain talent into their business unit they are looking to find a Global Supply-Chain Manager to their team in Hungary.
- Working closely with the customer to establish and execute both the development and enhancement of global strategy and supply chain setup at site level whilst ensuring that this adheres to internal and customer standards. Adherence to new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations and local laws must also be ensured at all times.
- Actively searching for opportunities to enhance the supply-chain and subsequent setting up of project groups to realise such chances for cost-out initiatives. This will include engaging and leveraging support of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishing and maintaining supply chains to support customer demands across Central Europe (potentially also globally dependent upon individual customer requirements), whilst ensuring the delivery of agreed savings both internally and for key customers
- Mapping customer supply chain flows and continuously executing cost effective improvements to align with contract targets including reducing inventory, optimising transport, ensuring sustainability and improving production planning.
- Implementing and maintaining automated VMI systems with customers both internally and externally; conducting internal, customer and supplier site visits where required. Also holding responsibility for leading EDI system implementations as and when required; ensuring that training is carried out for both process and systems.
- Holding meetings with new suppliers to setup mainframe and milestones of partnerships as well as crafting negotiation strategies and closing dealing with optimal terms for both the customers and the business alike. Responding quickly to any changes to customer supply requirements considering quality, value and supplier relations.
- Key focus on developing internal procedures for coordination of supply chain management with additional business areas including finance, sales and quality assurance. Leading the Supply Chain Department and ensuring that all projects adhere to agreed KPI improvements and cost savings.
- Actively liaising with the Global Sourcing Manager and Supplier Quality Assurance manager as well as maintaining relationships with the internal regional supply chain department.
- University/college educated to degree level with at least 5 years’ experience in a supply chain management role within a manufacturer of industrial products (components, electricals, Tier 1 automotive suppliers etc.)
- Experience of both VMI and EDI systems; including implementation and provision of training. Additional experience of using SAP Supply Chain modules would be desirable although not essential
- An understanding and experience of packaging products would be highly beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to gain credibility quickly and effectively, paired with strong influencing and negotiation skills whilst enabling effective customer and supplier relationships
- A self-starter who is passionate about providing action plans, with the ability to deliver short-term projects at pace within a fast-moving environment
- Ability to travel around both internal, customer and supplier sites up to around 70% of the time covering Continental Europe (this geography may extend dependent upon individual customer needs)
- Language skills – fluent English speaking is essential, professional standard French speaking would also be highly desirable