Window Patch Minder
PK4703 - WINDOW PATCH MINDER
BUCKS / BEDS / NORTHANTS / HERTS / CAMBS
(please contact me for further location details)
Initially £11 per hour
Shift Pattern: Shift pattern is days initially 8am-4pm but may possibly go to d/d shift in future this would include a 25% shift premium.
Our client is a privately owned, well-established and profitable manufacturer of printed folded cartons for the food sector. They are currently looking for a Window Patch Operator to join their team:
Principle Purpose of Job:
- To ensure the quality of finished work and compliance with company BS EN ISO 9002 (1994) Operating Procedures.
- To set the window patch machines in accordance with the works instructions.
- To ensure the machine is running at its optimum to maximise efficiencies
- To ensure that all areas around the window patching section are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To work with the Finishing Manager to ensure all sundry stock levels for window patching film, glue and stencils are maintained.
- To ensure all assistants are working in a safe manner
- To ensure that the machine is fully compliant to all H&S requirements.
- To ensure that all information relating to the machine output is recorded correctly
- To monitor the quality of work being produced checking that it is stacked and labelled on the pallets correctly ready to leave the department. To report any quality issues immediately to either the Finishing Manager, Finishing supervisors or Q.C.
- To make sure all sets are carried out using the master sample in the job bag, correct film type and film sizes are used. Any deviances have concessions raised and authorised by Finishing Manager.
- To ensure the machine is running to the maximum output for the product without jeopardising the quality
- To make sure that the areas around the machine are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Liaising regularly with the Finishing Manager to ensure that suitable film, stencils and glue are available for production
- To advise the Finishing Manager if any of the operators are not working in a safe manner as set out in form reference numbers SDM/234 Safe working instructions for feeding and SDM/244 safe working instructions for taking off.
- To ensure that all machine stop buttons and guards are in place and working correctly. Any faults must be reported to the Finishing Manager or Chief Engineer immediately.
- Monitor and record machine production figures and make sure all timesheets and job bags are filled in correctly.