Senior Sales - Packaging
Our Client is a leading, award-winning designer and manufacturer of innovative packaging solutions. They manufacture timber, corrugated packaging from conventional cartons to heavy-duty, large stitched boxes and supply a range of packaging materials.
Currently looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to generate new business, refocus their sales strategy and lead growth in a range of sectors within the UK market.
This is an exciting senior role within this forward thinking, ambitious company. You will be required to manager and develop sales for two sites primarily operating across the East and West Midlands (M1 to Merseyside) supported by a North West and a Midlands based manufacturing site.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior sales level and should possess and be able to demonstrate excellent man management skills.
- Strengthen and develop the current customer base
- Create and develop new customers for the long term benefit of the business.
- You will report directly to the Group Sales Director and to the board thereafter
- The successful candidate would be a confident, dynamic and energetic self-starter who will possess a high level of self-initiative combined with a strong motivation to succeed on a personal and company level.
- The ability to progress a long term career strategy would be of interest to the candidate within which would be an enthusiasm to increase their knowledge within any appropriate areas.
- The candidate will be used to working within commercial targets and be able to present this information on an as required to basis to the Board of Directors.
- A good basic usable understanding of computer technology, including but not exclusively word, excel & PowerPoint etc
- Additionally, the candidate must possess some knowledge and have an appreciation of the various tools used within marketing B2B as well as the use of various social media platforms.
- To generate additional new sales both personally and through supporting, managing and mentoring a small existing External Sales team that resides within the 2 sites.
- To have the necessary skill sets which enables you to identify appropriate sales growth and retention opportunities within the current customer base.
- Demonstrate the ability to strategically create and execute a plan for the development and retention of the customer base whilst maximising a profitable return at all times
- The role requires the management of sales from the production sites located in the North West and West Midlands the location is less important than the familiarity of the geographical area as the successful candidate will work between the two sites.
- The role is one therefore that will require regular travel between the sites and within the geography described.
The successful candidate will become part of a friendly team within a growing business whose
primary aim is to profitably provide its customers with good quality products within an
environment of providing exemplary customer service at all times.
o An attractive salary package is available to the right candidate this being wholly dependent upon experience and ability.
o A fully expensed company car would be provided
o A fully expensed business mobile phone & laptop would be provided
o Other benefits such as healthcare could be for consideration subject to the candidates current circumstances in this regard.
This role is aimed at a senior sales person who is ambitious and wants to make a real positive impact on the business. A salary in the wide bracket of £40k to £50k is felt appropriate at this stage.
Background: Manufacturing B2B, preferably from a packaging background.