National Business Development Manager - Closures/Plastic Packaging
PK4712 - NATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
EAST MIDLANDS / WEST MIDLANDS – ENGLAND
£30-40K + Minimum Bonus Incentive + Pension + Company Car
Our client is a leading plastic packaging manufacturer supplying to a variety of different sectors throughout the UK - predominately beverage, dairy, automotive, chemical and household markets.
The company are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to deliver proactive account management to a portfolio of customers and develop sales with their existing customer base and to new customers.
- Reporting to Beverage Sales Director.
- Prepare market analysis and strategic plans for developing business in conjunction with Sales Director.
- Manage major accounts and negotiate terms of business (with appropriate support from Sales Director).
- Maintain productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts including those at senior level, purchasing, technical and marketing.
- Ensure that any new product development enquiries are in line with the current sales strategy of the company and are fully documented.
- Generate and distribute customer visit reports and highlight key actions required.
- Provide input to projects as required and support the achievement of the necessary timescales and milestones.
- Plastics packaging experience is preferred although full product training will be given.
- Knowledge of the beverage industry is also preferred but candidates from other areas of industry will also be considered.
- Technical qualification/experience.
- Demonstrable track record of account management and business development.
- Skilled at interpreting customer requirements and communicating back to the in-house teams.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, entrepreneurial, with excellent team player skills.
- Computer literate and comfortable working with Excel Spreadsheets, MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. SAP experience would be a benefit.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Negotiating pricing and commercial terms with customer base.
- Passionate and enthusiastic commitment to shared goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both customers and internal personnel.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A self-starter who is versatile and flexible to new situations and able to work under pressure to high standards and expectations to meet tight deadlines.
Apply for National Business Development Manager - Closures/Plastic Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly