Key Account Director
My client is a leading multinational packaging manufacturer. With a truly global reach and a host of much-envied blue-chip key accounts they have prospered in the recent market through innovative and bespoke solutions whilst also adding to their portfolio through a number of key acquisitions. As a result of a drive to add industry-leading sales talent into their business they are looking to bolster their team to specifically focus on major industrial accounts (automotive, components, electronics etc.) The Key Account Director role is essential to the efficient management of existing and new customers. The role calls for a well-organised, self-motivated and tenacious person who can coordinate the various internal and external resources needed to ensure the delivery of the customers’ contracts. The role is essential in the efficient management of creating and maintaining high value prospect opportunities to support the profitable growth of the Account, whilst delivering customer savings targets.
- Plan, coordinate and manage high value and/or multi production site projects.
- Create and maintain a projects pipeline of high value opportunities that support Account plans across multiple sites and product/supply chain areas and reflect customer savings plans.
- Coordinate and manage the internal and external resources needed to deliver the Account’s contract.
- Investigate areas for cost reduction across the customer’s supply chain.
- Regular pro-active contact with customer’s plant teams via various communication channels.
- Identify, quantify and propose a plan to gain additional business within customer’s plants.
- Manage enquiries from the Account plants for all packaging materials
- Deliver and manage new profitable business growth.
- Ensure opportunities to serve Account from all areas of capability within the Group are explored and actioned where possible.
- Support local plant sales teams as required with Account development as well as significant new business opportunities under guidance of the Central Account teams.
- Ensure Account sales & development strategies are supported and implemented in line with plans.
- Participate in Account review meetings and budget planning processes.
- Manage and develop key relationships with production sites and their sales teams to ensure joint site approach opportunities are identified and actioned.
- Act as a first contact point for allocated Account sites seeking support.
- Raise Account plant enquiries, ensuring that all relevant data is supplied first time. Follow up quotations with the Account and negotiate the price in line with the guidelines supplied by Central & Regional management.
- Ensure any Account complaints received are raised in the business system in a timely manner. Liaise with Customer Services to ensure that corrective actions are reported back to the customer within agreed timescales.
- Support Customer Services and Finance to recover overdue payments.
- Negotiation & implementation of local price movements of all packaging commodities and services.
- Build strong relationships with the customer teams at plant level: Services, Supply Chain, Logistics, Projects and Purchasing teams by chairing regular plant team meetings and sharing information.
- To ensure a professional line is presented at all times, managing customer expectations as appropriate in line with the business priorities.
- Ensure teams’ understanding of each customer’s business goals and service demands through strong and effective communication.
- Identify, participate in and contribute to continuous improvement projects and other activities.
- Ensure all documentation and records (such as price lists, customer records, account plans etc.) relating to Account and each plant is accurate, up to date and reflective of current working practices.
- Ensure that the Account’s SLA is delivered.
- Project management skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Commercial acumen with consultative approach to account management
- Excellent networking skills
- Knowledge of multi-material packaging (foam, wood, corrugated, carton, plastics, labels…).
- Account Management experience in B2B environment
- Excellent communicative abilities, both oral and written.
- Cost-down and improvement strategy experience.
- Experience of Industrial B2B supply chains will be a distinct advantage.
- Hands on and “on the ground” in the customer plants mind-set.
- The purpose of this position is to manage strategically important accounts by developing & establishing profitable relationships across complex internal and external (customer) networks.
- Working with local, regional and global central functions you will implement a holistic account management strategy, creating growth for the business and savings for the customer.
- Deploying this strategy with key internal stakeholders will require an ability to manage effectively often in a matrix structure.
- You will be responsible for setting, monitoring and achieving ambitious financial targets for your accounts in this region in addition to defining and reviewing bespoke KPI’s for any Key Account Managers supporting on accounts.
- As a key internal stakeholder designing and managing the customer contact map, coordinating local, regional and global internal and external contacts is essential to success.
- Short-term results oriented, competitive and entrepreneurial you will be a self-starter that ‘gets things done’.
- Best-in-class negotiation skills are expected of someone at this level. The ability to influence is highly sought after.
Should this role be of interest, please send your CV and current package details to: email@example.com or for a private and confidential discussion
Please call Helen Kennedy at our Leeds Office on: 0113 320 2430
Hudson James Human Capital has recently acquired Vitae Selection creating one of the largest Internationally Consumer focused search firms in the North of England.