Field Based Account Manager - Labels

Location
North West England
Salary
£40K+ Bonus + Pension + Laptop + Phone + Company Car
Posted
14 Jul 2017
Closes
14 Aug 2017
Ref
PK4716
Sector
Labels
Job Function
Account management
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time

Our client is a leading manufacturer of high quality printed complex labels. They are currently looking to recruit a Field Based Account Manager.

There is a significant portfolio of blue chip accounts to manage which will consume around 85% of the role. The remaining 15% will be devoted to new business development covering areas from Hull to Liverpool.

This is a well invested company with substantial growth plans for the future and is a great time to join if you have ambitious career progression plans.

Responsibilities:

  • Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale.
  • Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails.
  • Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
  • Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets.
  • Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
  • Gathering market and customer information.
  • Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
  • Negotiating on price and costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers.
  • Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special projects.
  • Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
  • Feeding future buying trends back to employers.
  • Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.

Requirements:

  • Blue chip account management experience.
  • Self-confident with ability to take the initiative when approaching potential clients.
  • Attention to detail.
  • Charismatic.
  • Possess a high level of drive and ambition. Sincerity, honesty and a high level of personal integrity.
  • Competent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email) are essential.

A proven sales background in the label industry would be an advantage, however candidates from other blue chip account management backgrounds will be considered. This is a strategic role within the business and personality fit will be just as vital as product knowledge.

Apply for Field Based Account Manager - Labels

Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly

Apply

Your CV must be a .doc, .pdf, .docx, .rtf, and no bigger than 1MB


4000 characters left


By applying for a job listed on Packaging News Jobs you agree to our terms and conditions and privacy policy. You should never be required to provide bank account details. If you are, please email us.