Our client is an international packaging group who supply the drinks sector. They are looking to recruit a Project/Sales Manager to be responsible for a portfolio of clients and for developing prospects in the designated market sector. Currently this will focus on alcohol and beverage applications in the UK market. The ideal candidate will be an operational person, and a sales person, whose mission is to manage and develop sales in his sector.
This is a home-based role with a requirement to make regular visits to customers. The candidate needs to be in regular contact with his customers and prospects, and is responsible for an agreed sales turnover, margin and prospection level. The role has the support of various functional services, including general administration, technical support and marketing function. This is more of a hunter than farmer role (probably 70/30 – existing accounts at £2m pa).
Works as part of a dedicated UK team
- Works efficiently by using SAP / CRM tools
- Has a daily debriefing with the Commercial Director (or as often as required)
- Works in close collaboration with the back office (sales assistants, admin)
- Works closely with specialised internal services (R&D, Development, Logistics etc) in order to carry out the projects he launches and for which he is responsible
Responsible for his turnover / margin
- According to defined market strategies for his territory.
- Implements the agreed commercial action plan and associated objectives.
- Manages his dashboards via the CRM tool and follows agreed profitability targets.
- Focuses activity on the creation of customer value in accordance with company principles and will act in the best interests of the company.
Responsible for the development of his business
- Effectively manages his customer pool with the constant drive to develop new prospects.
- Maintains the satisfaction of his customers and manages all aspects of the customer relationship inside the company (supply chain / KPI).
- Researches potential new customers by using leads generated from Marketing, and also by carrying out store checks.
- Keeps contact with, and information on, design agencies.
- Is very active and present on the market, attending relevant conferences and seminars.
Responsible for his own commercial costs and budget management
- Following the company Policy, with awareness of controlling costs and optimising profitability.
- Participates in the weekly update meeting and produces a written weekly report.
- Monitors project developments and participates in weekly development meetings as required.
- Visits to customers and prospects are the core parts of the role.
- Keep up-to-date with activities by design agencies.
- Attend other events as appropriate (trade fairs, professional events, store checks, conferences)
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE
- We are looking for a candidate with a successful background (5 years minimum) in sales of printed films, self-adhesive labels, or similar roles in the packaging sector
- Ideally with knowledge of alcohol and soft drinks markets and customers in the UK (ideally labels, glass, premium packaging)
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish, working with multi-discipline teams across Europe.
- Located in south Scotland or north England as the target market is between Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds and Glasgow/Edinburgh.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
- Ready to accept new challenges, and tenacious in actions.
- Focus on customer satisfaction.
- Good Relationship builder, both with customers and within the company.
- Keen on working with customers, and building a good knowledge of geographical territory.
- Well organised, with a structured approach to project management.
- Dynamic, creative, innovative
- Ability to deliver real added value
Apply for Sales/Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly