Purchasing Assistant | Packaging Merchant | Lancashire
- Full Time
New role on the market for 2017. Purchasing Assistant required to develop and contribute to the procurement function of one of the UK’s leading packaging distribution companies for the Industrial sector. A superb opportunity for candidates looking for the next step in their procurement career with a company that can offer plenty of scope for progression.
Purchasing Assistant | Packaging Merchant | Lancashire | £20k-£25k+
Well established, family run business, this is a company whose mission is to deliver the ultimate packaging solutions coupled with industry leading customer service. Providing an all-encompassing range of globally recognised products and solutions – from in-transit protective packaging to end of line packaging machinery – they have an unparalleled reputation for quality and service delivery.
On a day-to-day basis, as Purchasing Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Placing orders with suppliers for stock and current sales orders
- Chasing deliveries of supplies
- Receiving and entering stock as it arrives
- Helping with maintenance of stock levels
- Preparing supplier reviews as required
- Obtaining prices from suppliers for new enquiries
- Other purchasing admin work as needed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Experience in a purchasing role
- Knowledge of procurement systems
- Good telephone manner
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Outlook/Excel/Word)
- Background in packaging preferred
There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details.
Apply for Purchasing Assistant | Packaging Merchant | Lancashire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly