Senior Packaging Technologist
Senior Packaging Technologist
Japanese heritage, international beauty innovation and aspirational brands to be proud of…
Here is your opportunity to join a multi-award winning global company that is as committed to developing, manufacturing and selling renowned and respected beauty brands as they are passionate about employee development and staff satisfaction!
Molton Brown is seeking a Senior Packaging Technologist to develop, establish and confirm all technical aspects of all product packaging and support the business for new product introductions and ongoing production.
Molton Brown is Kao’s prestige retail omni - channel division that has built up a reputation for being London's bath, body and beauty connoisseurs. Our perfumes, shower gels, body lotions, candles and hand care products blend exotic ingredients with a touch of London eccentricity for bold fragrances and bright colours that stand out on the shelf and each product is still blended in London, our home since 1973.
Do you hold a degree in packaging technology and / or have proven knowledge and experience in packaging or related functions?
Are you a communicative, well-organized person with a keen eye on detail and strive for a new role where you can help to influence the whole packaging design and functionality from concept to finalization?
Do you have a good technical and creative eye?
Then this might be the role for you!
Key responsibilities include:
- Obtain specifications and samples for all new components, primary to tertiary and establish standards.
- Confirm function, form and compatibility to the proposed product and proposed manufacturing process.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers and keep abreast of new packaging technologies that may provide new / superior benefits.
- Manage technical aspects of all bespoke Molton Brown components to meet the designated requirements of marketing and supply chain on time and in full.
- Work with manufacturing and 3rd party subcontractors to identify, set up new filling / manufacturing route and finalize specifications for scale up, samples and final production.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve existing packaging technologies to drive margin and/or performance.
- Working with suppliers to sign off products including colour approval standards specifications.
- Attend relevant product trials and first production - in UK and overseas.
Knowledge of the beauty industry is ideal, but not a pre-requisite; more important to us is that you are committed to elevating the profile of your team, understanding our consumers and are excited by our ambitions and commitment to growth.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. Remember, joining Kao means you are joining a whole family of prestige beauty brands including John Frieda and Goldwell, meaning there are long term opportunities for collaborative working and potential career movement.
If you feel you are as unique and successful as our products, want to find out more about our numerous brands and why 33,000 people across the globe opted for our career opportunities, please feel free to find out more on www.kaocareers.com where you will also have the chance to view the full job description available for this position.