Quality and Health & Safety Manager - Packaging
7 days left
- Full Time
PK4741 - QUALITY AND HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
£ Flexible Depending On Level Of Experience + 23 Days + Bank Holidays + Pension
Our client is a specialist packaging manufacturer based in the Midlands, they are currently looking to recruit a Quality and Health & Safety Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of the Quality and the Health & Safety systems and working practices within the business, please note our client can provide the candidate with lower level support if the job proves to be too big rather than split the role into two positions.
Qualifications / Experience - The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have formal training in Health & Safety in the workplace.
- As a minimum, a General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Have management experience in a Health & Safety role
- Be up to date in all aspects of Health & Safety legislation
- Have suitable training in First Aid, Manual Handling and Fire assessments / procedures
- Membership of IOSH
- Have detailed experience of operating a Quality system in a manufacturing environment including maintaining the ISO 9001 standard or equivalent.
- Have suitable internal auditing skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft excel and Word
Principal areas of Responsibility - Health & Safety:
- Promote and improve the awareness and accountability of individuals in relation to the H&S environment.
- Develop and maintain a sense of ownership amongst the workforce and a safety first culture.
- Day to day management and monitoring of Health and Safety systems including:
- Regular inspection and observation to ensure compliance and to identify and implement improvements
- Maintain up to date documentation
- Management reporting
- Feedback to employees
- Ensure accurate reporting and recording of hazards, workplace incidents and injuries.
- Ensure adequate procedures are implemented to avoid recurrence.
- Promote the use of near miss reporting to identify and eliminate / mitigate risks before they become accidents.
- Ensure staff are working in a safe and secure environment and that they use best practices of occupational safety & health. Be a point of reference and advice.
- Maintain existing Health & Safety committee and hold regular meetings.
- Keep a fresh approach.
- Ensure compliance with legislation.
- Ensure all Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work are complete and up to date.
- Be the liaison point in relation to COSH and other such substances.
- Take responsibility for employee training and keep training records up to date.
- Arrange surveys (eg noise etc) as appropriate.
Principal areas of Responsibility – Quality:
- Develop, maintain and improve all aspects of the Company’s Quality systems, including:
- Documentation and reporting
- Communication of issues, improvements and developments in Quality throughout the business
- Devolving responsibility for quality down through the business to ensure all employees recognise their role in the process
- Dealing with supplier issues and securing improvements
- Sensitive handling of issues with customers in conjunction with sales team.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the following standards:
- ISO 9001 (2008) and migration to ISO 9001 (2015) by September 2018
- BRC - Basic Hygiene Risk
- FSC certification
- Complete regular inspections of the Company’s Quality systems to ensure compliance and to identify and implement improvements.
- Identify and plan for attainment of new standards as appropriate.
- Maintain the Company’s adherence to current HARM / HACAPP requirements.
- Hold monthly quality meetings to review performance and identify and implement improvements.
- Record the cost of quality failures including those failures identified and corrected prior to any customer visibility.
- Monitor the ongoing level of the cost of quality and implement procedures to reduce this cost over time.
Apply for Quality and Health & Safety Manager - Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly