External Account Manager - Food Packaging
PK4752 - EXTERNAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
£30-40K + Bonus + Car + Sales Incentives
Our client is a manufacturer and supplier of Goods for Resale to include cups, food packaging, bags, sacks, tableware etc. into Distributors, Cash & Carries and Wholesalers in the UK.
They have a current requirement for an Account Manager in a Midlands based role to work alongside an Account Director and an Internal Support Coordinator to manage a large account.
Main Purpose of the Role: You will be tasked with managing and growing the existing portfolio of business whilst generating new business from within the account, to meet and exceed monthly and annual targets, to foster relationships and ensure margin growth, opportunity tracking and development.
This a 2-3 year training role which will ultimately develop into the Account Manager becoming the Account Director and taking sole responsibility for the client.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and advise customers on new project developments ensuring all the required specification can be met whilst achieving the required profit margin.
- Working in tandem with the Account Director.
- Assist colleagues with issues related to new project developments.
- Provide updates to internal colleagues to progress the order.
- Produce accurate quotes, following an agreed pricing structure.
- Pro-active chasing and updating of order status.
- Manage weekly schedule of orders to customers with relevant comments and actions.
- Authorise orders to ensure all information is correct.
- Monitoring Critical Path Analysis to ensure all components meet the required timeline.
- A minimum of 2 years in an Account management role is preferred.
- Experience in food packaging or consumables or an understanding of supply chain to cash and carries is also desirable.
- Excellent negotiating and relationship management skills.
- The ability to digest and understand technical specifications and retain product knowledge to assist the customers achieve their requirements.
- Confident, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Articulate and accurate.
- Good business sense with an understanding of leakage and credit control.
- Customer service skills and professional telephone manner.
- A positive attitude towards change.
- Pricing and product knowledge.
- Takes responsibility for own personal development and training.
- Initiative, energy and persistence.
- Language skills (not essential).
- IT literate.
Apply for External Account Manager - Food Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly