Technical Coordinator / Packaging Technologist
PK4814 - TECHNICAL COORDINATOR / PACKAGING TECHNOLOGIST
£Attractive (Depending on experience) + 25 Days Paid Holiday
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday - 9:00am till 5:00pm
Our client is a specialist in the production of printed flexible packaging including lidding film, flow wrap film, bags and liners into food markets throughout the UK.
The company are currently looking to recruit a Technical Coordinator to conduct project, testing and administration work within the department, under the guidance of senior members of the technical department. Provide support and assistance to the Technical department in order keep adequate documentation, testing information and compliance with procedures.
Ideal candidate is administration level with education in science subject (ideally Chemistry).
Ideally have some experience in technical support and testing.
Must have a driving licence.
Salary range £20,000 – 22,000 could be subject to negotiation.
All levels of experience will be considered as full training can be given. You must have a Chemistry or Physics certification and a good analytical mind, be used to testing procedures and compliance guidelines.
- Conduct project work under guidance of senior members of the Technical department, ensuring that a timeline is created and followed. All work should be documented in a way that information recalled as required.
- To ensure that raw material, compliance information and testing information is collected from testing or collected from the supplier and documented and stored in a manner that it can be retrieved as required.
- Raise trials for new materials, new processes and new products within the business.
- Investigate and report on new markets / products / equipment as directed by Managing Director / Sales Director.
- Work with supply base to gain information on development, compliance and to help resolve technical issues.
- Liaise with other departments within the business in order to gain full details required for technical work; such as cost of materials, time scales and potential volumes.
- To produce professional, detailed reports and presentations for internal use, customers and suppliers to an agreed format.
- Conduct technical administration where required; including specifications and declarations of compliances.
- Complete shelf life, material and chemical testing recording relevant information and creating testing reports.
- Organise and obtain samples as required for internal and external testing and sampling.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and other departments in order to help other departments.
- Travel when required to support customer requirements, continued professional development, trials and complaints.
- To work within Government and Company Equal Opportunities Policy and practices and report any deviations.
- To work within Government and Company Health & Safety policies and practices and report any hazards or incidences.
- Work in accordance with all company environmental management requirements, taking reasonable care for the protection of the environment through your own acts/omissions and report any opportunities for improving environmental targets.