W.E Roberts (Corrugated) is a leading independent family run Corrugated Cardboard manufacturer and supplier based in Northfleet, Kent. An established business for nearly 60 years with a turnover in excess of £15 million the organisation employs over 120 people. Its employees are at the heart of the Company as it has retained its family values whilst also continually investing in new technology and continual improvement. As a Company our objectives are to provide a safe working environment for staff, have a high-performing workforce and deliver our customers a service that is competitively priced yet exceeds their expectations.
W.E Roberts (Corrugated) has an exciting opportunity available for a Production Manager at their site in Northfleet. This key role will involve managing the production of both our corrugated board manufacturing and Conversion processes. In this role you will be responsible for effectively managing teams across all shifts in production to meet and exceed safety standards, output requirements, quality expectations, cost targets and all other KPIs set for you. We are looking for someone who can maximise and continuously improve our manufacturing efficiencies.
What being a Production Manager at W.E Roberts (Corrugated) will involve:
In this role you will also be responsible for; Health & Safety/Environment, Housekeeping, Quality Control, Performance, Waste, Preventative Maintenance, Communication, Continuous Improvement and Training in your Production areas. You will also support the Operations Team in delivering the Company’s Key Objectives and KPIs.
Key elements of the role involve: driving the culture of Health & Safety, the smooth running of the production teams, including setting targets and supporting production teams in hitting KPI’s, working to the highest quality standards, assessing and advising on H&S working practices and engaging employee’s in their development, support and training needs.
The focus is to deliver a service that exceeds client expectations in a fast paced environment and to grow our business. To continually develop an environment that promotes constructive involvement and engagement for our Production teams. Other specific duties and tasks are as follows:
- Drive the safety culture through Production, helping to create safety policies & procedures, train them out and enforce them. Ensure staff comply with Company safety standards and rules and come up with initiatives to improve safety in Production.
- Manage the production process to optimise throughput efficiency whilst minimising/eliminating waste and ensuring customer expectations for quality and delivery are met on time and in full.
- Enable continuous improvement as a key aspect of manufacturing performance, customer service and quality.
- Meet or exceed Production budgets.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure that Company objectives and KPIs are met.
- Enable effective decision making of stakeholders through preparation and presentation of accurate and relevant data at daily, weekly and monthly operations reviews.
- Responsible for identifying training and development needs for all Production personnel.
- Responsible for disciplinary procedures with HR to final written warning and dealing with grievances.
- In liaison with HR department take responsibility for recruitment of Production personnel to agreed manning levels.
We need a strong leader with a can do attitude able to coach their team to the best standards and perform well under strict deadlines. If you are practical, strategic and result driven, then this role is for you!
To apply you will have proven experience of working as a Production Manager in a Manufacturing environment. Ideally within a Corrugated Cardboard or paper/print Manufacturing environment. You will have a demonstrable track record of implementing sustainable change as well as setting and surpassing KPIs.
If you think this role sounds interesting, please consider the following…
- Do you have a passion for safety and ensuring that employees working for you are in safe environment?
- Do you have leadership experience and a passion for continuous improvement?
- Are you somebody who possesses excellent communication and people management skills and is able to build effective working relationships?
- Do you possess a strong working knowledge of how to manage manufacturing processes and techniques to ensure they are effective?
If the answer to the questions above is YES, then we want to hear from you!
What we would like our candidate to have:
- Proven experience of implementing safety in a manufacturing environment and have some H&S certification (i.e. IOSH/NEBOSH)
- Ideally have knowledge of the board manufacturing process
- Strong leadership/management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Awareness of current employment legislation/standards
- Experience of improving Manufacturing Practices
- Problem solving skills with the ability to make logical/informed decisions and lead improvement projects
- Communication/briefing skills
- People management skills and experience of Team building
- Budget management/cost control awareness.
- Experience of Quality standards within the manufacturing environment and continual improvement ((i.e. ISO or BRC(British Retail Consortium)).
Apply for Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly