W.E Roberts (Corrugated) is a leading independent family run Corrugated Cardboard manufacturer and supplier based in Northfleet, Kent. An established business for nearly 60 years with a turnover in excess of £15 million the organisation employs over 120 people. Its employees are at the heart of the Company as it has retained its family values whilst also continually investing in new technology and continual improvement. As a Company our objectives are to provide a safe working environment for staff, have a high-performing workforce and deliver our customers a service that is competitively priced yet exceeds their expectations.
W.E Roberts is offering the exciting opportunity for someone with estimating experience to join the busy Estimating team in our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet as an Estimator. This key role will involve setting up quotations for customers, producing and designing case mock up samples using CAD software, dealing with suppliers to obtain cutting tool costs and providing advice on improving packaging design and performance. As part of the estimating team there is also the opportunity to work with our sister company, Scope Packaging who deal with creative packaging design and manufacture. Although this is primarily an estimating position, candidates with design experience are encouraged to apply.
What being an Estimator at W.E Roberts (Corrugated) will involve:
- Working closely with the Estimating Manager to prioritise the day to day work load of the Estimating department.
- Managing and controlling incoming quotations & delivering them to the correct person within the deadlines set.
- Liaising with sales to deal with any queries that have arisen from the quotations, and advising on any improvements that can be made, whilst also accessing the practicality of the quotes.
- Technically assessing customer samples to allow equivalents to be quoted (accurately grade & measure).
- Using CAD software to create drawings which will later be used for case mock-up samples and cutting tools.
- Providing sales with case mock-up samples and cutting tool prices.
- Liaising with external cutting tool suppliers to firstly obtain accurate and competitive cutting tool prices leading to the actual ordering of the cutting tool.
- Anticipating problems with production or finished products and proactively proposing ways to solve them.
- Liaising with sister company to manage design briefs given to department by sales team.
We need a highly numerate individual with an excellent attention to detail that is able to stay calm under pressure. If this describes you, then this role could be for you!
To apply you will have either proven experience of working as an Estimator in a Manufacturing environment (ideally within a Corrugated Cardboard or paper/print Manufacturing environment) or a design based background.
Key Requirements for the role:
- Understanding of cardboard manufacturing processes, performance of different grades and styles (desirable)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly numerate
- Commercially astute
- Good general IT skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to manage time effectively and work largely unsupervised.
- Able to manage a large volume of work coming from several different sources – keeping their head under pressure!
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Design experience (desirable).