Head of Packaging
PK4764 - HEAD OF PACKAGING - SALES
SCOTLAND / NORTH
£Very Competitive + Commission + Company Car + Pension
Our client is a premium printed packaging company manufacturing high end tubes, cartons and labels into the beer, wines and spirits sector, also giftware and cosmetics.
They are currently looking to recruit a Head of Packaging (Sales) to generate new business packaging sales opportunities in order to contribute to the continual growth of the company, covering Scotland and Ireland, with visits to their Scotland office.
You will be required to manage existing packaging business with a view to maintaining and developing the packaging business relationship between the Company and the client; increasing sales revenue and commitment for the longer term.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- To support the business objectives, vision and mission.
- To seek new business opportunities from initial cold calls and progress to a sale of products and/ or services offered by the Company, being strategic and confident in identifying opportunities and senior decision makers within relevant businesses.
- To generate new business sales and managing existing sales for packaging.
- Design and undertake work that their Scotland site can produce, and where this is not possible, quoting, pricing, and negotiating all outsourced work.
- To ensure production quality and oversee outsourced production quality, including but not limited to, the press passing of work.
- To successfully achieve team budget targets, overseeing the work and development of other team members within Packaging and Labelling.
- To work with the Business Development Support Manager to develop new business.
- To capitalise on knowledge and experience to drive growth and develop strategic relationships within target field.
- To maintain the security of documents and information within area of responsibility.
- To prepare sales proposals and make sales presentations to existing and potential new clients, with a view to winning new business, securing meetings with the right contacts at senior levels.
- To maintain regular contact and visits with existing and potential clients, ensuring both are aware of the products and services offered by the Company.
- To manage existing clients with a view to developing long-term and profitable relationships, developing high-value clients.
- To arrange and attend all client visits to the premises at Newcastle and in other sites in the UK, where relevant.
- To assist in the management of projects on behalf of clients.
- To keep the Business Development Director informed of any budgetary developments.
- To maintain communication with Client Services and Production departments, and any other relevant party, with any information that may affect the production schedule.
- To research and be knowledgeable with regards to new developments in the Print and Packaging industry, and be informed of market trends which may impact the company strategy.
- To produce relevant documentation, using internal systems where appropriate, such as the production of draft invoices where appropriate.
- To meet KPI’s and targets for the Sales team, participating in the implementation and achievement of KPI’s across the department.
- To meet individual sales targets and inter-departmental team targets, within the Sales discipline.
- To perform any other duties as directed by the Business Development Director.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A sound and proven knowledge and experience working within client care.
- Previous experience of working within a Sales role.
- A thorough knowledge of the print, packaging or labelling sectors. (cartons, boxes, tubes, labels)
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Scotland Premises
- Office Location or home based; depending on contract.
Person Specification / Attributes required:
- Self-motivated, will use initiative, dedicated and proactive, ambitious and have excellent communication skills.
- Organised, have a high standard of precision and attention to detail.
- Time management; prioritisation of tasks.
- Strategic in approach.
- Display drive, enthusiasm and confidence.