Business Development Manager / Key Account Manager - Existing Territory - Packaging
PK4763 - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER / KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - EXISTING TERRITORY!
SOUTH OF BIRMINGHAM
£30K - £40K + Uncapped Commission + Car / Car Allowance + Laptop
PLEASE NOTE MY CLIENT IS GENUINELY FLEXIBLE ON THE BASIC SALARY FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
Our client is a leading packaging materials distributor, based in the East Midlands, they are supplying corrugated boxes and a full range packaging materials to the food industry.
They are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager / Key Account Manager to develop and grow an existing area worth approx. £400,000.00 (15 accounts) and generate new business.
The ideal candidate will be from packaging distributor background or have a background selling into food markets.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Understanding of consultative selling to show value to customers and prospects on what may appear to be a commodity product
- Strong account management / development skills
- Identifying and understanding customer needs and providing a consistent high quality service
- As part of a committed sales team, it is essential you will work very closely with colleagues
- Maintain regular contact with customers and prospects, developing long-term relationships with new customers
- Achieving budgeted sales and profitability and reporting on progress and expectations
- Developing defined sectors and accounts – analysing opportunities and gaining preferred supplier status for transit packaging, annualising contracts where possible and ensuring orders are covered with PO’s
- Maintaining and growing margins through negotiating pricing with customers and competitive costs from suppliers
- Managing existing relationships with customers with regular customer business reviews, identifying and developing upselling opportunities and gathering product demand by stock keeping unit
- Customer forecasts to be relayed to planning team on a 3 / 6 / 12-month basis as appropriate and updating monthly
- Working with Internal Sales team to process quotes, samples and proforma invoices
- Working with customer services to ensure customer complaints are dealt with efficiently and all parties are informed as appropriate
- Develop sales through technical innovation – working with the technical team