Lab Technician | Coatings Manufacturer | South West – Relocation Package Available
Lab Technician required to play an essential role in state of the art facilities for one of the UK’s leading coatings manufacturer. A superb career development role with a highly respected company whose products are in high demand, the role will appeal to a passionate individual who wants to add value to a well-invested business with exciting future growth plans.
Lab Technician | Coatings Manufacturer | South West – Relocation Package Available | Excellent Salary Dependent on Experience
In a well earned position as a global leader in coating solutions for print, security, engineering and industrial substrates, this is very much an innovation-led company. Delivering unrivalled products in the market developed in-house by their dedicated R&D department, they operate from a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit and are industry renowned for their exceptional product performance when it comes to wide format and narrow format specialised print media.
As Lab Technician you will be responsible for:
- Supporting R&D and Technical Support staff in the manufacturing of functional surface coatings for application to flexible substrates
- Supporting formulation design
- Coordinating application testing of coated products (image performance, coating/image permanence, physical, optical, electrical tests)
- Maintaining laboratory apparatus, arranging servicing, maintaining consumable inventory etc.
- Running product ageing tests
- Organising short-run sampling of prototype products
- Assisting R&D chemists with pre-production trials
- Assisting Technical Support staff with trouble-shooting production issues
Key attributes required:
- Ability to progress tasks with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills to integrate within a team for group communication when projects dictate
- Strong quality focus and the ability to work to deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to remain effective when working under pressure
- Good PC skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- A-Level Chemistry/a scientific orientated higher education qualification is advantageous
Highly attractive package offered designed to entice the very best in the market. In addition to a competitive base salary you will also enjoy financial assistance with relocation if required.
Submit your details in the strictest of confidence to be considered for the role.
More jobs like this
- Research and development Labels jobs in South West England
- Research and development Flexible plastics jobs in South West England
- Research and development Paper jobs in South West England
- Research and development Packaging consultancy jobs in South West England
- Research and development Packaging materials jobs in South West England