Window Patch / Gluing Operator - Cartons
WINDOW PATCH / GLUING OPERATOR (PK4769)
BUCKS/BEDS/NORTHANTS/ HERTS / CAMBS (Please contact me for further location details)
£11.00 Per Hour + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Overtime Available + Pension (Auto-Enrolled After 3 Months Service - Currently At 1% And The Company Matches Contributions Up To 3%)
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Thursday - 8:00am to 4:30pm (1/2 Hour Unpaid Lunch Break)
- Friday – 8:00am to 1:30pm (With No Lunch Break)
This may move onto a shift pattern in the future - shift premium would be time and a quarter on basic rate
Our client is a privately owned, well-established and profitable manufacturer of printed folded cartons for the food sector. They are currently looking for a Window Patch / Gluing Operator to join their team.
The ideal Candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience on Heiber & Schroder and/or Kohmann Window Patchers and within a similar high-turnover manufacturing environment.
Principle Purpose of Job:
- To ensure the quality of finished work and compliance with company BS EN ISO 9002 (1994) Operating Procedures.
- To set the window patch machines in accordance with the works instructions.
- To ensure the machine is running at its optimum to maximise efficiencies
- To ensure that all areas around the window patching section are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To work with the Finishing Manager to ensure all sundry stock levels for window patching film, glue and stencils are maintained.
- To ensure all assistants are working in a safe manner
- To ensure that the machine is fully compliant to all H&S requirements.
- To ensure that all information relating to the machine output is recorded correctly
- To monitor the quality of work being produced checking that it is stacked and labelled on the pallets correctly ready to leave the department - To report any quality issues immediately to either the Finishing Manager, Finishing supervisors or Q.C.
- To make sure all sets are carried out using the master sample in the job bag, correct film type and film sizes are used - Any deviances have concessions raised and authorised by Finishing Manager.
- To ensure the machine is running to the maximum output for the product without jeopardising the quality
- To make sure that the areas around the machine are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Liaising regularly with the Finishing Manager to ensure that suitable film, stencils and glue are available for production
- To advise the Finishing Manager if any of the operators are not working in a safe manner as set out in form reference numbers SDM/234 Safe working instructions for feeding and SDM/244 safe working instructions for taking off.
- To ensure that all machine stop buttons and guards are in place and working correctly. Any faults must be reported to the Finishing Manager or Chief Engineer immediately.
- Monitor and record machine production figures and make sure all timesheets and job bags are filled in correctly.