Cutting & Creasing Machine Minder - Cartons
CUTTING & CREASING MACHINE MINDER (PK4768)
BUCKS/BEDS/NORTHANTS/HERTS / CAMBS (Please contact me for further location details)
£12.33 - £13.56 Per Hour (Double Day Shifts) + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Overtime Available + Pension (Auto-Enrolled After 3 Months Service - Currently At 1% And The Company Matches Contributions Up To 3%)
Facilities: Factory Canteen (With Payable Vending Machines) + Various Water Stations + Free Parking On First Come First Served Basis
Hours of Work - Double Days Shifts:
Early Shift: Monday to Thursday - 6:00am to 2:00pm, Friday – 6:00am to 11:30am
Late Shift: Monday to Thursday – 2:00pm to 10:00pm, Friday – 11:30am to 5:00pm
Occasionally there will be the need to work a double shift (Monday to Thursday - 6:00am to 10:00pm, Friday – 6:00am to 5:00pm) when providing holiday or absence cover
Our client is a privately owned, well-established and profitable manufacturer of printed folded cartons for the food sector. They are currently looking for a Cutting & Creasing Machine Minder to join their team.
- Must have experience of BOBST 102 & 142 Cut & Crease machine ideally within the food packaging industry
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in a similar packaging environment (food packaging desirable but not essential)
- Experience (minimum 1 year) in a Minder/Supervisory role desirable but not essential
- Flexible working approach – this department has been working on rotating shift patterns for the last six months; with occasional requirement to work a double shift during holiday cover
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- To ensure the quality of cut & creased work and compliance with BS5750 Operating Procedures.
- To obtain the best possible production levels at all times.
- To vary overtime working hours to optimise production.
- To ensure that the relevant cutting & creasing machine is maintained, kept clean and efficiently run.
- Liaising regularly with the Cutting & Creasing Manager to ensure the most efficient production within the overall production plan.
- Ensuring that the machine is fully operational at all times.
- Making every effort to restart production when the machine is not operational.
- In liaison with the Cutting & Creasing Manager assist in training other Operatives, and/or Machine Assistants, to provide adequate cover and to make a bigger contribution on the machine.
- In liaison with the Cutting & Creasing Manager become experienced on the other cutting & creasing machines to provide adequate cover as and when required.
- Through the Cutting & Creasing Manager liasing with the Chief Engineer with regard to breakdown and planned maintenance.
- For unprinted work liase with the Board Warehouseman with regard to the availability and priority of board.
- Achieving agreed targets for waste levels.
- Ensuring that the Cutting & Creasing Manager is kept fully informed.
Measures Of Performance In The Job:
- Achieving weekly and monthly agreed production targets.
- Minimal numbers of customer complaints, and rejections because of wrong or bad cutting & creasing.
- Achieving overall waste targets.
- Efficient running of the cutting and creasing machine.
Apply for Cutting & Creasing Machine Minder - Cartons
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly